Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Original matrix.itasoftware.com is now gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original matrix.itasoftware.com is now gone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Is it just me, or is the "stops" option not available in the new version? This is a very important feature to me, so if it's not available in the new version, I prefer the old version.

Also, for those of us who know airport codes, the new version is slower. I like just plugging in CDG to LAX and not waiting for the Internet to search what those mean. Especially if you are on a very slow link.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
I was trying to use matrix 2 a few days back and the airport code and sales city doesn't automatically fill in on browsers apart from IE. Not sure if it's fixed now but it's very annoying since you can't proceed to search until the "valid" airport code is filled in by the matrix website.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It works in Chrome, but slow. Probably really slow if you are on a poor Internet link.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:52 am
Company Representative, ITA

Programs: Mileage Plus
Matrix 2 Update

Thanks for all the great feedback and comments on Matrix 2. With your help
we have found some bugs, some usability issues, and identified a few new
features. We will update Matrix 2 later next week to address many of them.

The best way to report problems or make suggestions is use the "contact us" button at the top of the page on Matrix 2. This is especially useful after you do a query since the email attaches the query information the developer needs to diagnose the problem.

While we cannot respond to each and every comment, please know that our
developers and product teams read all of them, and considers your feedback
an important aspect in prioritizing and understanding requirements.

We'll post on this thread next week when the updates have been made.

Your friendly Product Management Team
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:10 pm

ITA would you please return Oct 17th to your calendar and get rid of the 2nd Oct 16th - one Oct 16th is sufficient! Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:48 pm

Is the month long search gone from the new matrix?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by nebratu
Is the month long search gone from the new matrix?
It's there, just called "See calendar of lowest fares". Click "more Options" to start your search at a date of your choosing instead of just one of the 12 calendar months.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold; SPG Plat
Thumbs down How do I search with multiple source / destination airports?

It appears to be a step backwards in functionality and I didn't even run a single query. In fact, I didn't even get past the first line. My searches usually start with a list of airports unrelated geographically because I live in a second tier city and start most of my trips with a domestic hop to an international hub. I can't find a way to specify multiple airports as the beginning or end of my trip. The page corrects my
PEK; PVG; HKG
to
PEK, PVG, HKG
and then flags it as being incorrect. Using spaces as the delimiter also doesn't work. Anyone figure out how to make this work?

Being able to check multiple intercontinental gateways for fares was one of ITAs most useful features to me (that and the routing language of course).

Back to matrix1 for me it is...

For what it's worth, I complained directly to ITA about this already throught the contact us popup.

Caesar
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by caesar04
I can't find a way to specify multiple airports as the beginning or end of my trip. The page corrects my
PEK; PVG; HKG
to
PEK, PVG, HKG
and then flags it as being incorrect. Using spaces as the delimiter also doesn't work. Anyone figure out how to make this work?
This sounds ridiculous but works!

1. Type BRU, AMS
2. Get the warning sign
3. Delete the space so you have BRU,AMS and then hit the Tab key
4. Now it will let you run the search

If the airports are within 300 miles, you can hit Nearby next to the box and individually hand pick them, which if anything is even more of a faff (depending on how many airports there are nearby to scroll through!)

Or, you know, just use the old version!

Last edited by bcmatt; Aug 23, 2010 at 11:00 am
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by bcmatt
This sounds ridiculous but works!
1. Type BRU, AMS
2. Get the warning sign
3. Delete the space so you have BRU,AMS and then hit the Tab key
4. Now it will let you run the search
Yes, it is some kind of bug but the feature does work after teasing you. You write JFK;ORD;LAX or JFK,ORD,LAX. The system turns it into JFK, ORD, LAX inserting the spaces. Then it complains that there are illegal spaces. You delete the spaces. It re-inserts them and then proceeds just fine.

Last edited by aktchi; Aug 23, 2010 at 11:45 am
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
Yeah, it is some kind of bug but it works. The system inserts spaces, declares them to be illegal, you delete the spaces, it re-inserts them and then proceeds just fine.
Or you can hit the More Options button and then the Advanced routing codes link just under the text entry boxes. This appears to just let you use the codes we are all used to straight off!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by bcmatt
Or you can hit the More Options button and then the Advanced routing codes link just under the text entry boxes. This appears to just let you use the codes we are all used to straight off!
True, but I have been able to use the same codes in the original box too. What I like about More Options is that it makes the flexible date search more flexible.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
What I would like to see is a setting to remember user preferences so that the More Options and Advanced Routing Codes boxes are opened by default.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:53 am
PRS

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold
Not only is choosing multiple airports more difficult on the search page but I no longer see any option to filter the results by destination and arrival airport on the results page. The previous design had a tab specifically for that purpose. Where is this option in the new version?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by PRS
Not only is choosing multiple airports more difficult on the search page but I no longer see any option to filter the results by destination and arrival airport on the results page. The previous design had a tab specifically for that purpose. Where is this option in the new version?
On the results page, click on the To/From tab at the top of the column and you can pick and choose airports. Incidentally, inputting multiple airports on the search page seems to no longer be a problem now, no error coming up any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.