Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Timing of MRs: Adding on or doing it separately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH

would anyone recommend or not recommend doing a MR before/after a trip? since the airport is 2.5 hrs from where i live, i figured i may as well tack on a MR or two.

scenario: i am doing a TATL vacation trip end of Oct. would like to add on a MR on both ends. day before TATL and day after. two things occur to me. i could miss my TATL all together if things go horribly wrong on the MR as in not making it back on the last flight (11pm) so of course not being able to catch my 6am flight TATL. same thing for the MR after. on the off chance i don't make it back to the US, not being able to catch the 6am MR flight.

suggestions are appreciated.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Doing a run before is risky for the reasons you give, not making it in time. I would certainly do one after if you feel you are up for it after the TATL trip.

I would rather miss the run then miss the vacation. I would do it before if I could pad an extra day in between and just spend it near the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.