Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Skipping outgoing flight on a MR... can I do it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 5:59 am
Original Poster

I have booked the following trip:

On day 1, depart from city A, flying to city B.

On day 2, depart from city B, flying back to city A.

If I skip on purpose the the first part of the trip (flying from A to B on day 1), will my ticket for the second part (flying from B to A on day 2) of the trip still be valid?

Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 6:08 am

Day 2's flights will still be valid if you are flying on WN

Generally speaking - as you didn't mention which airline or type of fare - but once you miss a segment, all remaining segments become invalid.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 6:33 am

Lemex as much of a whiz as you are with hotel deals I'm surprised you didn't know that. Your skill must come from computer talent rather than being a frequent traveler.

Most airlines will cancel all of your remaining segments after you are a no show for one segment. Most people are comfortable skipping the last segment but even then it is against the airlines T&C so there is a very slight potential that the airline could try to bill you for the one way or open jaw fare which ever is applicable.

Thanks again for all the great hotel deals you bring to the forum
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you for clarifying this.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lemex
I have booked the following trip:

On day 1, depart from city A, flying to city B.

On day 2, depart from city B, flying back to city A.

If I skip on purpose the the first part of the trip (flying from A to B on day 1), will my ticket for the second part (flying from B to A on day 2) of the trip still be valid?

Thanks.
Not a good idea to try this generally, especially not nowadays. Sometimes a traveller can still get lucky and pull of something like this, but usually it fails. (It still works sort of with some international carriers and paper tickets but even that working is more a rare exception than something which works reliably.)
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
No, it won't work except under rare circumstances (that you likely can not manipulate into working).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.