Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] ITA Software: DUB-BKK GF/BD $1107.70 ALL-IN IN F!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] ITA Software: DUB-BKK GF/BD $1107.70 ALL-IN IN F!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
does anyone have experience cancelling tickets with cheaptickets.com?
as when i spoke to orbitz about the last GF tickets they quoted some rediculous fees for cancelling.
any help appreciated.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:21 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Originally Posted by sven60035
Now I hope that my tickets show, however did anybody else notice that the credit card was only charged for the service fee and paper ticket fee. I can not see the charge for the AirFare on my accounts nor is there a hold for them on my cards. Strange. I assume they charge later but still it's funny.
the friend with whom I'm travelling noticed the same, but after calling his CC company he found out the airfare was indeed charged. For some reason it (still) doesn't show on his online statement
Old Aug 30, 2006, 6:46 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Im trying loads of dates Sept/Oct 06 but keep getting the 101 error message on cheaptickets, does anyone know if this is just available for next year now?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:51 am

Programs: LH M&M, AF/KL Gold, EK silver, GF silver
The first ticket arrived today. BMI is in L and Q, all GF are in A ^ .

Called GF for the 14 hours stop in LHR on the return flight: they will only provide free limousine but no hotel for this stopover.

Should the hotel become available when talking to GF staff in LHR/MCT between the flights ? Any experience ?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is the stop overnight?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:31 am

experience with changing return date?

Originally Posted by gallagher
As you will see if you read all on the GF India thread (and there's lots of it) you just to to persist with GF in London and once you speak to the correct person (just hang up if you are not successful and then call back the next day. I aslo found the GF desk at LHR terminal 3 very helpful too) they'll make any amount of changes for you (I ended up with date changes / transit changes / stopovers / and an upgarded leg - all FOC with GF in London

good luck
Has anyone had luck in calling the GF offices directly to change a return date?
Looking to book this for Sat outbound, Wed return....but would actually prefer a Thurs or Friday return to maximize time in Asia.

If no luck in calling GF offices, I should just wait to try to make change to return date once at LHR? Just worried that due to tight connection in LHR I wouldn't have time to make changes with the desk in person.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, AF/KL Gold, EK silver, GF silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
is the stop overnight?
Its overnight:

arr. LHR 19:15 / GF 5
dep. LHR 09:10 / GF 5225 (BMI)
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:05 am
AJO

Talking

Paper tickets were delivered today! The BMI flights are in L and Q class, all 4 GF segments in A. ^

Is 1h35 enough time to change planes in LHR? According to virtuallythere.com the BD flight arrives at T3 and GF departs from T3, so no need to go through security again in LHR, right?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by AJO
Is 1h35 enough time to change planes in LHR? According to virtuallythere.com the BD flight arrives at T3 and GF departs from T3, so no need to go through security again in LHR, right?
No virtuallythere.com has it wrong, the BD flight will arrive in the domestic section of T1 and you will have to do a T1-T3 transfer. Coming in from DUB is possibly almost the worst flight to come off due to the hike from gate 82?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by coops
You should get a 5* hotel with transfers,ABF,Dinner and evening meal vouchers.Thats always been my experience when flying with GF through the Gulf region. ^
You will be treated extremely well, unless you happen to be traveling on an Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi passport. If so, you will be taken to a special "secure transit area" (no lounge access permitted even on paid F tickets) to be held for your next flight.

Gulf Air offers a fantastic inflight product, but their blatant discrimination and the dehumanising treatment handed out to "less desirable" customers leaves a very negative impression.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:36 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by AJO
Paper tickets were delivered today! The BMI flights are in L and Q class, all 4 GF segments in A. ^

I have an hour and 15 minute connection between T1 and T3 - this will be cutting it very close indeed at LHR.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:38 am

Programs: Feldschloesschen Premium
Originally Posted by B747-437B
You will be treated extremely well, unless you happen to be traveling on an Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi passport. If so, you will be taken to a special "secure transit area" (no lounge access permitted even on paid F tickets) to be held for your next flight.

Gulf Air offers a fantastic inflight product, but their blatant discrimination and the dehumanising treatment handed out to "less desirable" customers leaves a very negative impression.
Can you give us some more information what you mean by "less desirable" customers and about "dehumanising treatment"? I can imagine that people like us who pay only a fractial of the original price might belong to such "less desirable" passengers.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:41 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by Feldschloesschen
Can you give us some more information what you mean by "less desirable" customers and about "dehumanising treatment"? I can imagine that people like us who pay only a fractial of the original price might belong to such "less desirable" passengers.
probably the fact that the arriving passengers from india are put into a specific area, i assume in case they try and escape the airport. and as such are treating like livestock and nut humans.

you won't even come across it as you won't be travelling in from india.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:36 pm

Also received my first batch of tickets today and everything is in order. ^

One question however,my first outbound BMI Econ flight is for class M which I understand is very close to a full economy fare.Did I read somewhere that the general rules for all of the flights are influenced by the code of this first ticket? Or maybe it was just a dream...
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:45 pm
AJO

Originally Posted by coops
Also received my first batch of tickets today and everything is in order. ^

One question however,my first outbound BMI Econ flight is for class M which I understand is very close to a full economy fare.Did I read somewhere that the general rules for all of the flights are influenced by the code of this first ticket? Or maybe it was just a dream...
according to the BMI site, on intra-Europe flights, M-class is "standard - discounted economy". My DUB-LHR flight is in L-class, which translates to "standard - mid economy" in BMI lingo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.