Reload this Page >

ORD-BKK $605.40 w/10% discount code AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD-BKK $605.40 w/10% discount code AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jace:
There are hourly flights to ORD... this shouldn't be an issue.</font>
If not having one leg confirmed isn't an issue, I guess that's up to you. Flights do get booked up. And if you can't get the ticket issued, that would be an issue.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:29 am

These are starting to sell out, weekends are gone. Here's what I found from JFK:

26 aug &gt; 3 sep
&gt; 9
&gt; 10

2 sep &gt; 16 sep
&gt; 17
&gt; 30

16 or 17 sep&gt;30 sep
&gt; 1 oct
&gt; 7

23 sep &gt; 7 oct.
&gt; 8

Note that October is the beginning of the rainy season in SE Asia.

[This message has been edited by rollins (edited 07-15-2003).]
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:30 am

thanks for all the help guys! i'll go try it now ... it should woooooork
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rollins:
These are starting to sell out, weekends are gone.</font>
Doubtful. There are multiple AA flights to NRT (including 2 out of DFW). Furthermore, one can choose to make the interline transfer at either NRT, HKG, or SIN.

So while the AA coded NRT-BKK segment may be out of N inventory, there are still plenty of ways to get this fare.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 2:01 pm

Trying to make reserv right now and can't figure out where to put in the discount code.

To enter the code you must be logged in to AAdvantage. Entering the code didn't give any discount for me--just a message that I was already receiving the best discount available.

This deal was alive and well late Tuesday evening.

Thanks for the tip!

[This message has been edited by cecelia (edited 07-16-2003).]
Old Jul 16, 2003, 7:39 am

Bump since deal was alive last night!
Old Jul 16, 2003, 8:14 am

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
the goat is going on the same dates as I am too wooo hoooo

party in thailand
Old Jul 16, 2003, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rollins:
These are starting to sell out, weekends are gone. Here's what I found from JFK:

26 aug &gt; 3 sep
&gt; 9
&gt; 10

2 sep &gt; 16 sep
&gt; 17
&gt; 30

16 or 17 sep&gt;30 sep
&gt; 1 oct
&gt; 7

23 sep &gt; 7 oct.
&gt; 8

Note that October is the beginning of the rainy season in SE Asia.

[This message has been edited by rollins (edited 07-15-2003).]
</font>
Actually, in most parts of SE Asia October is the end of the rainy season. Nov-Feb are the peak months for travel there. Those of us going in the summer should see a bit of rain.

Also, it appears that the S721KJ discount code has finally expired (it was due to end on 6/30) but the S724V3 code still works on this fare.

Old Jul 16, 2003, 9:23 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
What is a good seat on JAL in Y?</font>
Actually you'll be flying JALWAYS which is a subsiderary of JAL. They fly older 747s, but the food is good and you get an ice-cream before landing. Big-screen, not individual seat monitors. Nice FAs. I took this in June and managed to get a whole row as the flight was light. You'll land in BKK around 11pm. Recommend an isle if you need to use the lav, otherwise window for Y.

BTW, August 12th and 19th also work, but only accept the return on September 2nd for JFK-BKK. Works clicking Fares on AA.com.

Best of luck using the Multi-City option, it isn't well equipped for code-shares.

SHADO

[This message has been edited by SHADO (edited 07-16-2003).]
Old Jul 17, 2003, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Sometimes (a lot of the times, I think) these JALWAYS flights are really packed and the seat pitch is very tight. Unless you buy a full fare ticket they won't assign a seat before the day of the flight. I called JAL a couple of months before my flight, told them I was AA PLT and asked them to please try to get me an exit row seat or at least an aisle. The woman I talked to said she would mark my reservation with a "strong preference" for an exit row. They came through and I got an exit row aisle on both flights (outbound and return) with about 10 feet of legroom.

If you look at the JAL website fleet info I believe it is the 747 S03 configuration that flies this route. Here's the link to the US site:
http://www.japanair.com/e/aboutjal/seating.php

Shado is right--even though the planes are cramped the service is excellent.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
If you are booking for Labor Day, don't forget to add your info on the Community thread.

Woo hoo... party in DFW/NRT/BKK.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Excellent sighting, this is the flight I have been waiting for all year! After I bought it on AA.com for $595 JFK/NRT/BKK 9/23-10/2, I decided the next day to upgrade JFK/NRT to Business with my miles, first time I've done this. After the CSA upgraded me on the phone she said "Hmm, looks like that made it cheaper, we'll issue you a voucher for the difference." I was stunned enough not to ask what the price difference was in case I would jinx it, though I'm sure it's only a matter of a few $...still, it's like the cherry on the whipped cream.
Does anyone know if as a Platinum flying upgraded, then coach to BKK , I can use an elite lounge during the 4 hour layover in NRT? Is there one available that I should request a pass to if it's not offered when I check in? Thanks.
(Now I'm waiting for one more similar trip before the end of the year to requalify as PLatinum.)
Old Jul 19, 2003, 8:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Huck:
Does anyone know if as a Platinum flying upgraded, then coach to BKK , I can use an elite lounge during the 4 hour layover in NRT?</font>
Strictly on your status, unfortunately not, I believe. You have no oneworld access because your next flight isn't operated by a OW airline. You have no JL access because you're a coach passenger.

I _think_ you can access the AC if you're a member- I don't think that NRT has rules like LHR about airside lounge access in your departure terminal only (assuming that the JAL flight is from the other terminal)

Of course, if you show up at the AC waving your AA elite card and your J boarding pass, anything can happen....
Old Jul 19, 2003, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:

Of course, if you show up at the AC waving your AA elite card and your J boarding pass, anything can happen....
</font>
I do believe we will be allowed to use AC, as the rules clearly state that as Plat or better, traveling int. we have access to lounge on the day of travel regardless of class of travel. I agree, we will not be allowed to use JAL lounge, but AC here we come. I say we, because I'm part of the deal. Leaving TPA on 8/27, through ORD, arriving in NRT on 8/28 3pm and BKK same evening at 10:45. Returning on 9/3.
Anybody coming out of ORD on 8/27?

Old Jul 19, 2003, 9:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
I do believe we will be allowed to use AC, as the rules clearly state that as Plat or better, traveling int. we have access to lounge on the day of travel regardless of class of travel.
</font>
1.) Some interpret "day of travel" as date of departure, which in the case of US-NRT flights, was the day before.

2.) while the AA page says "Entrance to more than 220 exclusive airline lounges in our network when traveling internationally*, including First Class lounges, regardless of the class of service flown on that day," the general rules at:
http://www.oneworld.com/fbt/home.cfm
specifiy that lounge access applies to departure lounges:
(quote)
Access to airline lounges
The oneworld alliance airlines provide over 400 lounges across the globe. If you are a top-tier member of one of our frequent flyer programs, you will have access to our lounges prior to departure.
At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when your next onward flight is with a oneworld member airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third-party-operated lounges.
1 All oneworld benefits are available only to passengers on scheduled flights that are both operated and marketed by a oneworld member airline. (Marketed means that there must be a oneworld member airline flight number on your ticket.) Benefits may vary by carrier. All information contained herein is subject to change without further notice.

[This message has been edited by landspeed (edited 07-19-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.