Wiki Posts
Search

Possible BAHT-type SAS Mileage Run

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2000, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
Possible BAHT-type SAS Mileage Run

All this talk about the BAHT run kept reminding me about something that was in the dark recesses of my mind. I remember a few months ago seeing a post about an SAS "flight" from Copenhagen to Malmo. Malmo is just across the harbor from Copenhagen and the "flight" really isn't a flight at all. It's a boat ride. Apparently now that the bridge between Copenhagen and Malmo has been completed, SAS no longer has this flight. But apparently they still have both rail and helicopter "flights" on that route. My question posed to all Star Alliance and particularly United flyers is this: If this is a code-share "flight", would we get one segment of credit. Presumably the train ride is very cheap -- a few dollars. What's to stop someone from taking the 30 minute train ride back and forth 100 times. And are there other Star Alliance partners out there with ground or water connections that count toward UAL segments? If so, one could earn 1K without ever leaving the ground (or water).
Old Nov 23, 2000, 2:48 am
SAS-Young-Guy

This wouldn't work. Sad but true. You need to have a connecting flight to use the train (which by the way costs more than "a couple of dollars"). Sure you could take the helicoper but that's pretty expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.