Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: DL Hubs - CDG/AMS/MXP/FCO etc $381+ AI RT

Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Availability from ATL, CVG, DTW, LAX, MSP, SLC, SEA, probably more. From now through EOS minus the usual summer and holiday periods.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:53 pm

Also out of CMH, non-DL hub.

Additional options include OW destination countries, in general...Spain (MAD, BCN), UK (LON, MAN), Italy, France, Netherlands.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, its out of all DL hubs, and quite a few more. STL, CMH, MCI, DAY.... all over the midwest. I don't see fares nearly as low to OW destinations you mention, though they are still quite good. $381 from basically everywhere - AMS seems to be the lowest.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:06 pm

Yep, I was just able to book 2 weeks over Thanksgiving vacation from ATL to Rome for @ $347 RT. The next best from ATL appeared to be CDG, but all were within $50 of each other. I was able to pick seats for the AA segments and noticed that there is a lot of availability. Combine with the AARP discount ($12/yr with coupon) to save up to $65/economy ticket (higher discount for Business) from what you see on Priceline going through their British Airways link...no need to prove age to get the AARP card.

https://advantages.aarp.org/en/offer...ays.10047.html

Last edited by TravelingNomads; Apr 10, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:11 pm

AARP site throws up a booking error.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
AARP site throws up a booking error.
I don't know. It worked fine for me. I just clicked on the Travel Discount and then chose the British Airways link (not their search engine). Some segments were AA, some BA. Their site slowed to a crawl about 2 hours after SF'ing posted the deal, so I did have to start over a couple of times. The final checkout page after entering my CC seemed like it took 3-4 minutes and I wasn't sure if it was going to timeout or not, but it finally went through. I used Momondo first to get an idea of what dates were "cheaper" since it was loading quicker, then specified those dates on BA.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I am only finding dates on delta.com and out of lots of cities like orf and ric
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
I booked mid Nov to late Nov for $347 out of ATL after AARP discount and at that time there were several flights going to misc destinations with similar prices. ATL - CDG was about the same, Amsterdam a bit more; we didn't check Milan. On OW, Mon and Tues seemed to be the cheapest...other days were up to 3x more. My original post on here was right after I received confirmation, so around 7pm EST (edited for accuracy).

I just checked and the same weeks out of ATL are now $1300. It might be dead again.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuel
I assume you mean aa.com?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:43 pm

SF'ing has updated their post. New destinations are Barcelona/Madrid, Spain
London/Manchester, UK and Helsinki, Finland. ATL is no longer listed, but many other locations are.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
I assume you mean aa.com?
No, most flts I am finding are delta and then some on American, I booked orf-pmi dec 26-31 for 397, but there lots of aa, but guess depends on what city
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flwrlover1
SF'ing has updated their post. New destinations are Barcelona/Madrid, Spain
London/Manchester, UK and Helsinki, Finland. ATL is no longer listed, but many other locations are.
Predictably, DL is now hitting OW destinations with the same fares (LON, HEL, MAD, BCN are all OW hubs)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by AdamNP
Predictably, DL is now hitting OW destinations with the same fares (LON, HEL, MAD, BCN are all OW hubs)
Makes sense. Last time this deal was active with OW, we noticed that places like OTP and BUD were also included and just not mentioned on SF'ing. Obviously that doesn't apply at the moment since it's now Delta, but just putting the info out there.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA,BA
I'm surprised this is not getting more attention. I can get an OJ from Bdl to Lys/Cdg for $400. Sure, not the $500 BA biz from year prior but for my need this is golden!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IncaTrails
I'm surprised this is not getting more attention. I can get an OJ from Bdl to Lys/Cdg for $400. Sure, not the $500 BA biz from year prior but for my need this is golden!
Great deal, but the summer and winter holidays are all blocked out which makes it difficult for some (like me) to take advantage of.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.