Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: MCO - AUS - MCO 6K at $220-$275

Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SWA Styrofoam, Marriott Rew, SPG, HHonors

I flew several of these flights in 2016 and was surprised to see good availability this year until late May. You must book with the connection in SLC to get 6,000 miles.

Same day turns available. For example Wed., April 19, dep 6:00am, back to Orlando about 11:30pm. Austin is small enough that you could zip to get fried chicken, Asian stir fry, maybe even Salt Lick BBQ within 30 minutes.

If you want to enjoy the People's Republic of Austin overnight, Tuesday outbound is cheapest, 6:00am flight arrives about 1:45pm, Wednesday afternoon departure abt 2:40, back in MCO abt 11:30pm.

Similar arrangement and fares MCO - DFW totaling about 5,500 Rt, again through SLC, but DFW is much less pleasant than AUS.

Another plus, last year AUS - SLC and SLC - AUS were always commuter planes. This year every thing I've booked is on A319s or A320.

Happy New Year and safe travels everyone...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
MMM - Salt Lick! Best place ever.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by bretthexum
MMM - Salt Lick! Best place ever.
Take a quick trip south from the airport to Lockhart for some serious BBQ at Kreuz Market (or Black's, or Smitty's just a few minutes down the road). No utensils, no sauce! Bonus: if you want to pony up a few bucks for the toll, you can drive on one of the nation's only 85 MPH highway.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Any of these available? Seeing 500-600 basically it seems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.