UA: SFO-HGH (Hangzhou) $485 rt ai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by rabjoshu
It's actually 144 hours TWOV in HGH
http://www.visainchina.com/144hrs_transit_visa.htm
Perfect. The link I saw still had HGH listed as a 72 hour visa-free entry. 144 is even better.

And do remember it counts from midnight the following day. So the earlier you arrive in the day you get all that time until midnight "free" in addition to the 144 hours.

-RM
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rabjoshu
It's actually 144 hours TWOV in HGH
http://www.visainchina.com/144hrs_transit_visa.htm
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...er-thread.html
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum; United 1MM, 1K
Hangzhou just hosted the G20 conference... they cleaned and primped the city for that so now is a great time to go.

I agree with all the suggestions above but have to add that the citizens center area is very cool and the architecture is just stunning.... like being in a science fiction movie. I took this picture in August: https://goo.gl/photos/5niSBGrK4NiVaFJE6
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Seeing $544 SFO<->HGH on UA for early/mid-November, but that doesn't sound like it would qualify for the Visa waiver.

I see $970 SFO->HGH->HKG->SFO and the HGH->HKG leg is on either KA or XI. Anybody know if they interline w/ UA ?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
Seeing $544 SFO<->HGH on UA for early/mid-November, but that doesn't sound like it would qualify for the Visa waiver.

I see $970 SFO->HGH->HKG->SFO and the HGH->HKG leg is on either KA or XI. Anybody know if they interline w/ UA ?
Might be cheaper to book as separate tickets. Ie $544 long haul then $274 RT to TPE (after one search) is $818 and works for a visa waiver on both stops (in and out).
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Might be cheaper to book as separate tickets. Ie $544 long haul then $274 RT to TPE (after one search) is $818 and works for a visa waiver on both stops (in and out).
Thanks for your tourist visa waiver strategy, especially in either or both directions!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tblack15
If one did something like this would they have to take the TPE flights? What if you miss it?

What do you when you arrive in hgh? Depart?

Last edited by LouieBOS; Oct 3, 2016 at 9:59 pm
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by lem144
If one did something like this would they have to take the TPE flights? What if you miss it?

What do you when you arrive in hgh? Depart?
It's your responsibility to not miss the TPE flights.

Simply showing your tickets is all you need to do in Hangzhou.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
It's your responsibility to not miss the TPE flights.

Simply showing your tickets is all you need to do in Hangzhou.
I understand the responsibility but what if you don't take the TPE flights? Is there a penalty when you go to leave HGH?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by lem144
I understand the responsibility but what if you don't take the TPE flights? Is there a penalty when you go to leave HGH?
It depends on the mood of the immigration people, but be prepared for a hard schooling if you attempt such. Transit is a critical component of TWOV. If you don't fulfill this requirement, you are non-compliant.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
UA Seems SFO/PEK cheap flights are back on selected dates in Jan through April 2017 for $497

Last edited by sgfood; Oct 5, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.