Wiki Posts
Search

LH: FRA⇄QDU/ZWS (Dusseldorf/Stuttgart) €16+/$17+ ai rt (it's back!) Airail

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
LH: FRA⇄QDU/ZWS (Dusseldorf/Stuttgart) €16+/$17+ ai rt (it's back!) Airail

FRA-QDU ai rt €15,50/$17.20, 232 miles: http://www.kayak.de/flights/FRA-QDU/...-02/2016-03-04

FRA-ZWS ai rt €31/$33,80 196 miles: http://www.kayak.de/flights/FRA-ZWS/...03-04-flexible

Last edited by BobKop; Dec 18, 2015 at 4:31 am
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Clicking through the first link to tripsta.de, it looks like it books into K.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
QDU-FRA is clocking EUR36 for a RT for various dates in February. I checked this, because I need to go to Frankfurt from Dusseldorf around that time. It's an excellent deal, better than the best Sparpreis from the Deutsche Bahh. What I haven't checked are the prices for business class RT.

As a reminder, these don't collect flight segments if one is looking to qualify for FTL on the 30 segment promotion. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Ha, business is going for EUR471 !! I checked economy for other dates for QDU-FRA and back and got it as low as EUR26, but for my dates it will be EUR36. Still brilliant! Thanks for flagging this!

Last edited by Concerto; Dec 19, 2015 at 10:04 am Reason: more info
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This seems to be still available, including the more expensive fares for a trip starting in the other direction. The only difference is, everything seems to be about €2 more than it was previously.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:52 am

Anyone 'flew' this and got their miles credited in the past? And how about not flying and still getting credited? QDS-FRA rt in K should/could gain me 250 miles, so I'm looking into my options here ...
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No segments though, if that's what you're looking for as well. I haven't booked one yet, probably will have gone by the time I get around to it.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:39 am

No but I might be in it for the Miles... I Would like to know if you get credited when buying but not flying it, anyone tried this in the past?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Tamos
No but I might be in it for the Miles... I Would like to know if you get credited when buying but not flying it, anyone tried this in the past?
I don't get it. How does make sense, if you are just after the miles.
You get 250 miles for the rt. I have seen 15€ for ZWS-FRA and back.

So, you would be paying about 60€ (4 x 15) für 1000 miles. Okay, maybe.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:29 pm

Lounge Access

I have never taken such a "flight" before, do you get lounge access (as a *Gold).
My guess is that it would only be possible, if there is a lounge outside the security area in FRA, STR or DUS. Don't know.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by johnnywho
I have never taken such a "flight" before, do you get lounge access (as a *Gold).
My guess is that it would only be possible, if there is a lounge outside the security area in FRA, STR or DUS. Don't know.
Getting airside for Lounge Access with an Airail ticket usually

If you have HON or SEN though, you'll get access to the DB lounge in CGN, STR and FRA. These are landside at the train station. IIRC *G doesn't cut it, but YMMV.

Booking class seems to be K though, so you don't really collect any miles on programs other than M&M.

Last edited by SimonSC; Dec 23, 2015 at 4:16 pm
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by SimonSC
Getting airside for Lounge Access with an Airail ticket usually
? not sure I understand this sentence...

If you have HON or SEN though, you'll get access to the DB lounge in CGN, STR and FRA. These are landside at the train station. IIRC *G doesn't cut it, but YMMV.
Bahn Lounge is pretty lame, not really worth it. Thanks for the info about who would have access.

Booking class seems to be K though, so you don't really collect any miles on programs other than M&M.

I know, thanks anyway. I might actually want to use the ticket instead of a regular train ticket in this case.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC
? not sure I understand this sentence...
Sorry, was researching the lounge access conditions and forgot to finish the sentence Just wanted to say that some people were able to go through security at FRA/DUS so they can access the Lufthansa Lounge there (at the airport) even though they were taking the train.

Bahn Lounge is pretty lame, not really worth it. Thanks for the info about who would have access.
I agree.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I reckon most of these prices, even the €36 ones, are a lot cheaper than a normal rail ticket, even if you have a BahnCard and manage to snap up a Sparpreis too. It's nice to get some airline miles for a trip like that, it's different somehow. All the better if you need to make the trip anyway.

For example, you could book an award flight from FRA and avoid paying the taxes on the feeder flight by booking one of these (which is what I'm going to be doing). Just remember to leave enough time for irregularities and check in at FRA.

Lastly, johnnywho, I am sure you are aware of the Deutsche Bahn own programme for collecting points, bahnbonus. If not, you should check it, although keep in mind it is a revenue based programme.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You realize that this has dropped down to €7.24 for a round trip from FRA to QDU (Düsseldorf railway station)? You'll never get it as cheap on the Deutsche Bahn website.

For an itinerary I need to make, I got a round trip in the reverse direction for €27.24 (at Deutsche Bahn it would have been €83 and upwards, for different routes with changes of train). However, they hit me for €20 for using a credit card. I couldn't see any way around that, except that Diners Club (which I don't have) seems to be exempted from the fee at Tripsta. Everything else, including debit cards, will incur the €20 fee. It's still a great deal at €47.24, which is what I paid in the end. Grab it while it's going!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's now down to €6.80 for a round trip. It's almost worth considering a weekend or two of zig-zagging at that price. What is this, is it unsold travel agent inventory or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.