Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

KL/AF: WAW-NRT €411/$448 ai rt 3.4 cpm (13338 miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold

Sample: http://www.kayak.de/flights/WAW-NRT/...01-17-flexible
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:34 am

25% miles....
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by geelgors
25% miles....
Much, much better than 0% :-)))))
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:14 pm

I think, the point of the guy is not about how generous different alliances are, but instead that this deal is by no mean a good mileage run. There is a special topic for that, called "Good deals in economy class" in this forum. I don't understand why BobKop keeps posting those deals in separate topics, but I definitely believe that moderators should start fighting this.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:48 pm

My point is the claim in the title (amount of miles and price/mile) is not correct and it saves other people time by posting my findings.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:25 am

del....
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Maybe BobKop could have a Wiki? I really enjoy his posts. I for one would really hate to see his posts buried in that Good Deals thread.

Very unusual trips. When I see a fresh batch from him I usually prowl one or two of them for a happy 1/2 or so, armchair traveling. Destinations I'd never considered. It is a highlight of my wandering though Flyertalk.

Please don't discourage him grumbling about miles. Most everybody here is adult enough to check that, and most everybody here has the scars to prove they missed it a time or two while they were learning.

I admit I haven't actually taken one of his trips yet, but came very close in the past and likely will do it in the future.

Romelle
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor
I think, the point of the guy is not about how generous different alliances are, but instead that this deal is by no mean a good mileage run. There is a special topic for that, called "Good deals in economy class" in this forum. I don't understand why BobKop keeps posting those deals in separate topics, but I definitely believe that moderators should start fighting this.
I beg to differ, the topic good deals in economy class should be for deals that are almost a good mileage run, their cpm should be slightly higher then 3-4. This is also written in the sticky post.

Good fare/sale 'deals', not great enough value as a pure mileage run (a bit more than 3c / mile unit cost)? Good Deals in Economy - city pairs
Next to that, most of the deals posted here are not good MR deals. The only good MR deals are almost exlusively AA fares. Next to Bobkop, there are a lot of people posting just good eco deals that aren't in particularly MR deals. This is appreciated by a lot of users. To solve this reoccurring issue, I think everyone would be better off if there would exist an economy deals forum section. Just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by Romelle
Maybe BobKop could have a Wiki? I really enjoy his posts. I for one would really hate to see his posts buried in that Good Deals thread.

Very unusual trips. When I see a fresh batch from him I usually prowl one or two of them for a happy 1/2 or so, armchair traveling. Destinations I'd never considered. It is a highlight of my wandering though Flyertalk.

Please don't discourage him grumbling about miles. Most everybody here is adult enough to check that, and most everybody here has the scars to prove they missed it a time or two while they were learning.

I admit I haven't actually taken one of his trips yet, but came very close in the past and likely will do it in the future.

Romelle
^^^^ Well said. His posts are a highlight for me as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.