Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: MIA-LAX $177 r/t, 4684 EQM, 3.77 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

AA: MIA-LAX $177 r/t, 4684 EQM, 3.77 cpm

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster (in the mileage run section). Saw this deal, thought someone who needs a quick run could use it. Play around on google flights in Jan and Feb for MIA-LAX r/t, you can find some sub-$200 fares. I found one for 2/5 & 2/6 (requires an overnight stay, but what can you do).

How'd I do? If this is crappy, would love to hear why and learn from my mistakes. If it's good, enjoy! :-)
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by darkice81
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster (in the mileage run section). Saw this deal, thought someone who needs a quick run could use it. Play around on google flights in Jan and Feb for MIA-LAX r/t, you can find some sub-$200 fares. I found one for 2/5 & 2/6 (requires an overnight stay, but what can you do).

How'd I do? If this is crappy, would love to hear why and learn from my mistakes. If it's good, enjoy! :-)
As we appreciate credit being given to FT when the blogs pick up our posts, credit should be given to TheFlightDeal for this one.

Very few dates available and most of the best MR candidates route through DEN on the return so you fly a CRJ from Lax to Den.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Ok got it. Should have said I saw this on SecretFlying's Twitter. Hope it can still help somebody who maybe didn't see it. Thx!

Originally Posted by medichill
As we appreciate credit being given to FT when the blogs pick up our posts, credit should be given to TheFlightDeal for this one.

Very few dates available and most of the best MR candidates route through DEN on the return so you fly a CRJ from Lax to Den.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage - Executive Platinum (2MM), Marriott Silver
Decided to give this a go and am doing a same day flight this Saturday (11/7) since my schedule is pretty packed after the 10th of November. Clocks in at $170.60 and 3.65 cpm. That $6.40 I "saved" will go towards the parking charges.

First time doing a same day flight. Thankfully, the drive from LAX back to OC will be easy at midnight when I touch down.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA-PLT
There are a few of these available for next week, but only if you book through Alaska Airlines. On AA it's $400+. My reading of the AA policy page says you still get 100% eqm even if it's marketed, booked, and operated through AS. Can anyone confirm?

I've flown AS codeshares before, but only booked on AA with AA codes before. I wouldn't want to waste my time and money and not get eqm on this.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by subumbrum
There are a few of these available for next week, but only if you book through Alaska Airlines. On AA it's $400+. My reading of the AA policy page says you still get 100% eqm even if it's marketed, booked, and operated through AS. Can anyone confirm?

I've flown AS codeshares before, but only booked on AA with AA codes before. I wouldn't want to waste my time and money and not get eqm on this.
Confirmed. I do that every two weeks for work and get AA eqms a week later every time.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by retsamhgiht
Confirmed. I do that every two weeks for work and get AA eqms a week later every time.
Will you get the AA elite complimentary upgrade for these AS codeshare flights?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by blueslip
Will you get the AA elite complimentary upgrade for these AS codeshare flights?
if you have status with AA then yes, you should be eligible.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by haddon90
if you have status with AA then yes, you should be eligible.
I actually think this might not be right? Their website says "AA Operated and Marketed flights" which would lead me to believe you cannot do a codeshare, just like with SWUs...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
I believe that's correct...
During US merger, if booking codeshare, possible to clear t-24 but I think that was only exception
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Some AS fare classes earn 0% on AA. Check the fine print. I think once I flew an "R" class AS flight and got bupkis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.