Aa: Ord-nrt-cgk-nrt-ord - $896

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa: Ord-nrt-cgk-nrt-ord - $896

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Hi everyone, first time poster but lurked for a while. After reading this thread yesterday I put a hold on this flight (DFW-NRT-CGK) over thanksgiving for $785.10.

Just checked and the price shot up to $1404! Other options either have too tight or too long a layover and/or have a CX leg, and all are over $800.

Not 100% sure I'm going to do it but I guess I better decide soon! 3.9cpm and will qualify me for ExP.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:33 pm

Seeing same route now at $800, all AA flight numbers. That's 4 cpm.

Even for me to position from NYC with for $117, still works out to 21,254 EQM at 4.3 cpm.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:45 pm

Sorry, I should have specified Thurs-Sun over Thanksgiving. You can get it for as low as $736 on a Mon-Wed with same day turnaround in Jakarta. I'm just trying to not miss any work.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Etihad Gold, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN
Seeing same route now at $800, all AA flight numbers. That's 4 cpm.

Even for me to position from NYC with for $117, still works out to 21,254 EQM at 4.3 cpm.
DavidBRKLYN, assuming from your name, you're positing from NY? If so, are you doing it via AA? I'm trying to do just that, worried about nesting...
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: EMT-P
I am able to find PHL-ORD-NRT-CGK rt for $835 (4cpm) with the 787 on the way over (AA153) so with a SWU I get lie-flat ORD-NRT but I can't seem to make it work to also get AA154 on the return.

I am able to find PHL-ORD-NRT-CGK-NRT-ORD (no ORD-PHL) and get AA154 but for $935 and 4.6cpm.

I've spent hours on Flights and Matrix without figuring it out. Any help is appreciated. I'm looking at 1/28 - 2/3 for my dates.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by medichill
I am able to find PHL-ORD-NRT-CGK rt for $835 (4cpm) with the 787 on the way over (AA153) so with a SWU I get lie-flat ORD-NRT but I can't seem to make it work to also get AA154 on the return.

I am able to find PHL-ORD-NRT-CGK-NRT-ORD (no ORD-PHL) and get AA154 but for $935 and 4.6cpm.

I've spent hours on Flights and Matrix without figuring it out. Any help is appreciated. I'm looking at 1/28 - 2/3 for my dates.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...A437;a=AA;eo=e

I get 4.3cpm for this.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:14 pm
E55

Originally Posted by natureboy79
Hi everyone, first time poster but lurked for a while. After reading this thread yesterday I put a hold on this flight (DFW-NRT-CGK) over thanksgiving for $785.10.

Just checked and the price shot up to $1404! Other options either have too tight or too long a layover and/or have a CX leg, and all are over $800.

Not 100% sure I'm going to do it but I guess I better decide soon! 3.9cpm and will qualify me for ExP.
That weekend will pass..... and you either will or won't be qualified for ExP at the end of it.

E
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
With EQMs not going away I'm contemplating doing the famous CGK run some time next year, as brutal as it seems to be. Am I correct that there is no more grilling/$-collecting/VOA at the border upon entry? I am a UK citizen but I assume it should be treated the same as US citizens? Departing CGK, is the tax thing still on? How do you all deal with that? Many thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
With EQMs not going away I'm contemplating doing the famous CGK run some time next year, as brutal as it seems to be. Am I correct that there is no more grilling/$-collecting/VOA at the border upon entry? I am a UK citizen but I assume it should be treated the same as US citizens? Departing CGK, is the tax thing still on? How do you all deal with that? Many thanks!
Yes, you are correct. I just completed a Cgk run, though in a bit more brutal way (a bit over 27k miles from last Saturday until yesterday). I encountered a bit of grilling from Officer at Cgk, but no $-collecting and no VOA. Departing Cgk, no tax.

To be honest, I expected very little from Jakarta, and it live up to that. I was there for a full day and stayed in Central Jakarta, walking for roughly 3/4 of the day. Still, though, couldn't find much that moved me. I will stick to the islands from now on. In retrospect, Nrt-Cgk is roughly 300 miles farther than Sin--for a way better airport experience and much better time overall, I think I can forego a mere 600 miles. But this is just me and my two cents. Happy travels to all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.