Wiki Posts
Search

The Mother of All Mile Runs 0.015/CPM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Aeroflot Bonus, Miles&Smiles, Hilton Honours
The Mother of All Mile Runs 0.015/CPM

Not so long ago I have found the cheapest and the easiest way to get SkyTeam Gold level with Aeroflot on one of its routes .

Currently from the 1st of October to the to the 30th of March fly Moscow -Vladivostok route which will earn you 16000 Miles return as they are credited as Premium fares (200%) , the trick is they are subsidised by the state and only cost £172 return which means the 3 trips needed will cost you £516 or around $800 being the cheapest way to get SkyTeam Gold and 52000 Miles as well .

There is a limited amount of countries that can enter Russia without visa but in this instance you don't need to it as Sheremetyevo has a Transit zone and in Vladivostok you will just need to do a turnaround and fly out on the same plane . Otherwise you can get one for around $80 .

This is my first mile run suggestion so please don't be rough with criticism )
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Yes, you can TWOV in SVO but since SVO to VVO is a domestic flight, how does this help?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:52 pm

0.015/CPM
Check your math.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Check your math.
0.015 is correct for base miles; 0.05 for MQMs
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by OVERSIER
Not so long ago I have found the cheapest and the easiest way to get SkyTeam Gold level with Aeroflot on one of its routes .

Currently from the 1st of October to the to the 30th of March fly Moscow -Vladivostok route which will earn you 16000 Miles return as they are credited as Premium fares (200%) , the trick is they are subsidised by the state and only cost £172 return which means the 3 trips needed will cost you £516 or around $800 being the cheapest way to get SkyTeam Gold and 52000 Miles as well .

There is a limited amount of countries that can enter Russia without visa but in this instance you don't need to it as Sheremetyevo has a Transit zone and in Vladivostok you will just need to do a turnaround and fly out on the same plane . Otherwise you can get one for around $80 .

This is my first mile run suggestion so please don't be rough with criticism )
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Welcome..it is a wonderful first post!! ^
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:00 pm

I agree, Thanks, Great Advice.
Really thinking of chasing ST Elite Plus now...
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Very creative! Good job and welcome to FT!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Warning!! This is a special "B" tariff, 25% bonus only!

Congrats with the first MR post... and a few crucial corrections:

Originally Posted by OVERSIER
This is not correct, bankops is absolutely right - SVO-VVO is a domestic flight, so you have to pass the border control.

Originally Posted by bankops
Yes, you can TWOV in SVO but since SVO to VVO is a domestic flight, how does this help?
+1

Originally Posted by onfo
With the standard Y/B SU bonus my math shows 1.7cpm (0.017$pm).

But this is a special Y/B fare tariff with 25% bonus only (same is true for SVO-KGD/SIP/PKC/KHV/UUS).
So, it will be 0.027$pm for the return flight and even 5 SVO-VVO flights would not be enough for SM E+ status.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
You get 25% of the flown miles (not 200% or even 125%) into SU's own program. Might (or might not) work with FlyingBlue or another ST FFP.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
OK. Vladivostok ....... what's to do there?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN

This is not correct, bankops is absolutely right - SVO-VVO is a domestic flight, so you have to pass the border control.

+1

But this is a special Y/B fare tariff with 25% bonus only (same is true for SVO-KGD/SIP/PKC/KHV/UUS).
So, it will be 0.027$pm for the return flight and even 5 SVO-VVO flights would not be enough for SM E+ status.
Originally Posted by Temedar
You get 25% of the flown miles (not 200% or even 125%) into SU's own program. Might (or might not) work with FlyingBlue or another ST FFP.
Do you have any confirmation for this anywhere?
I get the following on Aeroflot own website...

http://imgur.com/lGqCUZO
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN

+1

Originally Posted by Temedar
Do you have any confirmation for this anywhere?
I get the following on Aeroflot own website...

http://imgur.com/lGqCUZO

Even if you take premium economy you get 200% and it will take this to 0.01CPM, still great deal...
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
I do. Please consider this thread from about a month ago: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...o-uus-pkc.html

P.S. It might work for a PE booking in A class for about 3.5 CPM.

Last edited by Temedar; Sep 17, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by onfo
The OP listed his numbers in cpm. And that is incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.