Wiki Posts
Search

AA: SYD-LAX rt US$562 all in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
AA: SYD-LAX rt US$562 all in

QF metal either nonstop, through MEL or even DFW!!

AA ticket books into Q class.

Sample dates: Feb 10-17 on exp.

SYD-DFW also available for $67x.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Did you try and go to booking page? This fare appears as early as August but on google flights reprices to $12xx when you go to AA.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
There are some same-day turns for those with a high threshold for pain
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Excellent find.

Have 4 r/t on hold over a few short weeks from January 2016 through to June 2016. Coupled with a Platinum Challenge, this should net 105k RDMs if my calculations are correct.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Coupled with a Platinum Challenge, this should net 105k RDMs if my calculations are correct.
Make sure the Platinum Challenge you use grants status during the challenge period. The public offer does not.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
Looks like fare is gone.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dungeonlurker
Make sure the Platinum Challenge you use grants status during the challenge period. The public offer does not.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. My calcs were based off the public offer (so the 100% bonus would only kick in on the 3rd of 8 legs).
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Originally Posted by SQ421
Excellent find.

Have 4 r/t on hold over a few short weeks from January 2016 through to June 2016. Coupled with a Platinum Challenge, this should net 105k RDMs if my calculations are correct.
It would be a shame to fly all of that and then have AA take aadvantage of its new discretion to not award miles on mistake fares
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: *A
Thanks for posting this!! Just booked 2 seats in March for a wedding!! YAY!!!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:33 pm

I realized this fare is about the same cpm as going to Hong Kong. I guess I thought Sydney was so much further.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Member

Appears to be gone on exp.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:34 pm

I booked about an hour ago on cheapo...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus &Hawiann
Good post while it lasted.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: NZ*GE, A3*G, UA Prem, QF, AA
Appears AA is not honoring this.

Booked through Orbitz and just got the message of death:
"We regret to inform you that, due to limited availability, the airline was not able to confirm the flights you requested. As a result, no tickets have been issued for this trip and we have reversed any credit card charges."
This took about 4 hours to arrive... i had checked AA.com using the PNR sometime between booking and receiving said cancellation notice and found that the trip was reserved and confirmed (i even printed this out as it had the "your trip is confirmed and the reservation is guaranteed" text on it), but did not see a ticket number. Now AA.com still says "Confirmed" but has wiped out the itinerary and input a message telling me to go to the airport or city ticket office to complete payment and ticketing.

Not sure if I should call Orbitz, AA or just re-book with the now higher fare. Any advice?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by kaimanawa
Appears AA is not honoring this.

Booked through Orbitz and just got the message of death:
"We regret to inform you that, due to limited availability, the airline was not able to confirm the flights you requested. As a result, no tickets have been issued for this trip and we have reversed any credit card charges."
This took about 4 hours to arrive... i had checked AA.com using the PNR sometime between booking and receiving said cancellation notice and found that the trip was reserved and confirmed (i even printed this out as it had the "your trip is confirmed and the reservation is guaranteed" text on it), but did not see a ticket number. Now AA.com still says "Confirmed" but has wiped out the itinerary and input a message telling me to go to the airport or city ticket office to complete payment and ticketing.

Not sure if I should call Orbitz, AA or just re-book with the now higher fare. Any advice?
Mine ticketed in about 20 mins and still looks good to go. Here's hoping it sticks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.