Wiki Posts
Search

UA: BWI to SJC $250 rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
UA: BWI to SJC $250 rt

I found this on Theflightdeal.com. Avail late August into September. I purchased a three night stay at SJC for $250: BWI-IAH-SJC-IAH-BWI for travel beginning Sept. 30 (wed) with return on Oct 3 (sat). I found a same day out and back on May 12. The fare climbs to $277 rt with plane changes other than IAH.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Nice find!

NAG21AKN one-way fare, appears good now thru Oct 30. Routing allows:

BWI- CHI/DEN/EWR/HOU/LAX/SFO/WAS -SJC

But IAH appears to be the only connection that currently works, likely due to N-fare seats not available via other connections.

EDIT: channa has pointed out on the next post...most of routing rules are not flown. Above has been marked up accordingly, and IAH is the option which produces the best PQM.

Looks like Thu 10 Sep same-day turn BWI-IAH-SJC-IAH-BWI is possible for $240: http://goo.gl/flights/LOHn

...but IAH is a stop on the return, so YMMV.

ADDENDUM: See also: UA:$238 Sep BWI-PDX rt 6119PQM 3.88cpm

Last edited by wh6cto; Mar 23, 2015 at 2:45 pm Reason: Corrected routing info, added reference to similar run.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by wh6cto
BWI-CHI/DEN/EWR/HOU/LAX/SFO/WAS-SJC

But IAH appears to be the only connection that currently works, likely due to N-fare seats not available via other connections.
There are only two valid routes on this fare:

BWI-IAH-SJC and BWI-DEN-SJC

UA does nto fly ORD-SJC, EWR-SJC, LAX-SJC, SFO-SJC, WAS-SJC, or BWI-WAS, so the bulk of the routing rule is not relevant.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by channa
There are only two valid routes on this fare:

BWI-IAH-SJC and BWI-DEN-SJC

UA does nto fly ORD-SJC, EWR-SJC, LAX-SJC, SFO-SJC, WAS-SJC, or BWI-WAS, so the bulk of the routing rule is not relevant.
Although, it's slightly not necessarily true if there is a direct flight from ORD-SJC, EWR-SJC, etc published by UA. Those flights [should there be N class availability] would fit within the routing rules, however might not gain much of anything depending on which program you credit to.

-jeremy
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I messed around with ita searching for long-weekend fares around Labor Day out of BWI with this sale. Didn't really find anything. The cheapest was BWI-PHX for $307. Not cheap enough for me for a long weekend, especially with the new mileage earning rules. Labor Day used to have fares in the cheap buckets, but cheap seats are so scarce these days in the USA that it's no longer a cheap weekend to fly.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Also looks to be available from PHL (on UA.bomb)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.