AM/UA: IAH-GDL $311 ai RT (was $271)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

I'm seeing this for Aeromexico and 40 minutes ago saw it for united on 2/14 - 2/16 but I didn't jump on it thought I would buy it in the morning after discussing with my girlfriend. Now the United fare is gone but the AM is still there. Should've used farelock
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Update just booked the seat through Expedia, it hadn't caught on just yet, hopefully it tickets.

Ticketed!

Edit: This is in the N fare which gets miles (or not?)

Last edited by slickvik; Jan 19, 2015 at 12:33 am
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Looks like Expedia caught on, can't find the deal anywhere
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Aeromexico up to $340 as well. Ah it was good while it lasted
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:49 am

These are in response to VivaAerobus entering the market and their fares are $200 or less RT for a lot of dates. No assigned seats, but international flights include a checked bag.

Flew them to Cancun over new years and had a positive experience for sure.

$70 more and I would definitely fly United. $300 more and UA can kiss my grits.

Doing a VivaAerobus trip to Mexico in March and will be taking the GDL-IAH on the return. They have insanely cheap domestic flights out of GDL as well.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wcalvert
These are in response to VivaAerobus entering the market and their fares are $200 or less RT for a lot of dates. No assigned seats, but international flights include a checked bag.

Flew them to Cancun over new years and had a positive experience for sure.

$70 more and I would definitely fly United. $300 more and UA can kiss my grits.

Doing a VivaAerobus trip to Mexico in March and will be taking the GDL-IAH on the return. They have insanely cheap domestic flights out of GDL as well.
This is what I speculated as well. I am taking viva aerobus from cancun in July let's see how it goes. Nice to see it got a good review. I've heard they cancel flights if not enough seats are booked but if you pick a weekend to Cancun chances are enough seats will be booked.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
This is what I speculated as well. I am taking viva aerobus from cancun in July let's see how it goes. Nice to see it got a good review. I've heard they cancel flights if not enough seats are booked but if you pick a weekend to Cancun chances are enough seats will be booked.
Plane was pleasantly booked at about 70% full on 12/26 when I flew down.

I will say that the check-in process is slow. On our flight back, their computers went down causing a significant check-in issue. We were the Viva flight departing that terminal, so they just held departure for an hour and we got in about 30 minutes late. :-:
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

It's at $311 for various dates in February now, again on N fare. For example 2/14-2/16 and 2/21-2/23.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
They have some cheap fares to Canun is right. Nonstop for $160 almost any day is a serious deal from IAH. UA is $500-$1000 same route. Thanks for the heads up on this one. Seen them in MEX but never thought to check them out.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Same fare to queretaro
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:29 pm

Due to currency dropping, IAH-CUN now as low as $146 RT on VivaAerobus...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:42 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by wcalvert
Due to currency dropping, IAH-CUN now as low as $146 RT on VivaAerobus...
I'll try a new airline for that, there is a new hyatt opening in playa del carmen that looks nice so I'll try that as well. Viva charges you though for fees, like credit card payment, emissions fees and other random ones, so just be aware. That 150ish R/T turned into 170 A/I
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I'll try a new airline for that, there is a new hyatt opening in playa del carmen that looks nice so I'll try that as well. Viva charges you though for fees, like credit card payment, emissions fees and other random ones, so just be aware. That 150ish R/T turned into 170 A/I
Evidently you can use a US debit card to save about half of that $20 US upcharge. With that being said, travel insurance from your credit card is likely worth the $10 difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.