LAN JFK-IGU (Iguazu Falls Brazil) $474

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.

Great fare to Iguazu Falls in Brazil between Jan and March for $474 all in

Routing is JFK-LIM-IGU. Other routings include double connections via LIM & GRU as well.

Example Jan 17-22nd. Stopovers in Lima price out at roughly $100 extra

I believe this fare will earn 100% miles on AA as according to ITA, JFK-LIM is "O" fare on a LAN operated flight and LIM-IGU is "B" fare on a TAM coded flight number but Operated by LAN.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
How you booking? Don't see it on google flights.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
found it. MIA as well. Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by nwa330
How you booking? Don't see it on google flights.
Should be fully populated now. Coming up as $480/$490ish on Kayak.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:53 pm

Was able to price a quick turn in IGU and stop in GRU for $100 more.

seeing some nice fares for $600 to GRU and GIG if you want to skip IGU.

Last edited by nwa330; Dec 7, 2014 at 8:12 pm
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:22 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
What's the cpm? maybe it's a good idea to include it in the header?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: free agent
similar deal from last May, which I was able to enjoy IGU / GIG. might look up old thread for creative routing (i dont know how to share link here). Don't forget visa cost for Argentina & Brasil, but worth the cost...
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
What's the cpm? maybe it's a good idea to include it in the header?
I say let the reader figure it out since their are so many possible combinations with this fare.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:32 pm

I flew the last round. If you do it, keep an eye on your TAM flights on LAN metal. Mine didn't credit and I had to submit my BP to claim it. Even then, I still haven't gotten credit for IGU-GRU a month onwards. Also, last time routing via SCL was possible...not seeing it yet this time around though.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Just a cautionary note ... if crediting to AA, before booking, I'd check with them to confirm how many miles you'll actually earn, because as of Jan 1, LAN is cutting earning on the lowest economy class international fares. I'm assuming the changes will apply to those crediting to other OW programs as well.

Basically, LANPASS members will now earn just 50% on LAN's cheapest international fares, which had been earning 100% until now. And the cheapest intra-South America flights already earn less -- just 25%.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This would be an excellent "vacation mileage run," if not for the additional $320 you have to spend as an American in Argentine and Brazilian visas if you don't have them.

Still, if you've never been and have the cash to spend, it's a nice 3 day destination.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:02 am

I'm actually in IGU right now flying on last round's ticket. I flew LAX-(LIM)-SCL-EZE--GIG-IGU-LIM-LAX for a little over $600. Spent a week in Argentina and 2.5 days at Iguacu. Awesome vacation and I'd do it again if I could get anything to price from LAX. This time I would stopover in GIG or LIM. Alas...

Got full credit for LAX-SCL on AA. Had a gate agent change SCL-EZE to my AS number but of course it didn't stick and I got 25% credit on AA. Sad. Put in my AS number during OLCI for the return so we will see if IGU-LIM actually goes to the right place this time.

Thanks for posting and wish I could use it again.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:17 am
Suspended

found it for $445

http://www.secretflying.com/2014/12/...il-445-return/
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
This is the same as last week (Cyber Monday), but now until March and only from MIA/JFK. I saw it on TFD last night, please don't forget to credit the source (if you found it there).
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by fedechat
This is the same as last week (Cyber Monday), but now until March and only from MIA/JFK. I saw it on TFD last night, please don't forget to credit the source (if you found it there).
Just FYI I did not find this on TFD. Spotted it on the Kayak Maps. We tend to spot the same fares at roughly the same time. I try my best post only original deals that I stumble across rather than rehash what's out on on the blogs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.