Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat; HH Gold; VP Cool Club
DL: SAN to ATL $269

Just stumbled on a decent flight with a quick turn: SAN red eye to ATL

Sat 12/13/14 10:50 pm arrive ATL at 5:25 am
Sun 12/14/14 7:30 am with connection through MSP, arrive SAN 1:24 pm

Total miles: 4329

I know this isn't the super cheap flights that have been around before with just over $.06 CPM, however, late in the year this has come in handy for me to make DM.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Not bad for a flight ending at a hub

Can also do SAN-LAX-BNA-ATL-SAN for $296 yielding 4678 MQM's with the 500 mile segment bonus all same-day on Dec 14.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:23 pm

Can go Farther

The OP's find exists because Delta has V fare availability to Atlanta for the weekend of Dec 13-14. Knowing that, one can search for SAN-xxx on ITA Matrix where xxx can be reached via ATL. So for about the same money, one can book one or two stop connecting options between SAN-AUS and SAN-STL and probably others.
There is also SAN-SLC/MSP-OMA for $209 traveling Dec 12-14, but no ATL connection.

Last edited by Bowgie; Nov 3, 2014 at 11:41 pm Reason: Added OMA
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Bowgie
The OP's find exists because Delta has V fare availability to Atlanta for the weekend of Dec 13-14. Knowing that, one can search for SAN-xxx on ITA Matrix where xxx can be reached via ATL. So for about the same money, one can book one or two stop connecting options between SAN-AUS and SAN-STL and probably others.
That's an excellent point! The best fare I found was for a SDT on the previous Saturday, Dec 6: SAN-ATL-AUS-ATL-SAN, $255.60, 5394 miles, 4.74 cpm.

Advanced routing code: dl dl+ / f bc=v
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat; HH Gold; VP Cool Club
You guys are waaay better at this than I am! Hope some others were able to take advantage of it this late in the year.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by RoccoBoom
You guys are waaay better at this than I am! Hope some others were able to take advantage of it this late in the year.
Actually, YOU were better for finding cheap fare to ATL, which is a rarity.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:03 pm

This only works because of the same-day-turn. It's actually a SAN-MSP round trip with a connection in Atlanta.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
This makes me wish I lived on the west coast, as I think I could handle a quick turn MR if the red-eye is the first flight! Coast-to-coast and only gone a half day. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.