Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX-BKK from $790

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Q fare, cheapest travel Monday - Thursday, weekends are $50 more each way, valid September 10 - November 30 or January 15 - April 15, minimum stay: travel from inbound transpacific sector must commence no earlier than 3 days after departure of the outbound transpacific sector.

Routing via DFW both ways slightly increases the cost but reduces cpm.

Example:

11/6 LAX-DFW-NRT-BKK
11/10 BKK-HKG-DFW-IAH-LAX

$822.20, 21,283 miles, 3.9 cpm
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Looking towards the end of the April dates and only seeing JAL codeshares at that fare. The BKK-HKG-DFW-LAX flights are +$364 over the $850 fare.

Too bad I can't find any C on DFW-HKG-DFW either. Not sure i want to risk it.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by hogo74
- also available on UA.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL, UA, Alaska
Saw this fare this morning on UA, and it looked bookable. Still tempted.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA-Executive Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Platinum, Marriott-PPE, Alaska- MVP75K
Try to book with AA. No Q class on Feb for my date but ITA still shows available.
ITA shows 7 segments. AA website only let me book 6 segments if I try multi-city,

:-(
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Fare was available on UA since Sunday for sure.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Royaloaks
Try to book with AA. No Q class on Feb for my date but ITA still shows available.
ITA shows 7 segments. AA website only let me book 6 segments if I try multi-city,

Hipmunk.com
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA-Executive Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Platinum, Marriott-PPE, Alaska- MVP75K
sorry. I am new to Miles Run.. Hipmunk.com only allows me to book 6 flights on multi-city section as well.

I called several times to AA reservation center. I told them flight number date one by one and fare codes....
ITA show Q class and the price I am looking for is $ 890 ( for the President day weekend)

They all told me they can not get Q class for some segment. The price will be $ 1020 (for 21113 miles) with some class S.

What can I do????
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I was able to price/book it best on Orbitz (after finding dates on ITA). You can limit your search to AA and CX, and you also don't have to go segment by segment on multi-city. (E.g., you can enter DFW-BKK on one line rather than putting DFW-HKG on one line and HKG-BKK on another.)

1/13 LAX-DFW
1/14-15 DFW-HKG-BKK
1/20 BKK-HKG-DFW-LAX

All AA flight numbers - don't know the fare buckets but w/AA ## it doesn't matter.

$808.86, 20,790 base/EQM, 3.9 cpm
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Also available from SNA for those that don't want to drive the 405. The problem is on the outbound you have some awful connections.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Looks like similarly priced AA fares are available to SGN as well.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
AA seems to have hiked their LAX-BKK fares this afternoon (and EWR-BKK as well). The fare still seems to be available on United, but AA seems to have thrown in the towel on this one.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by hogo74
travel from inbound transpacific sector must commence no earlier than 3 days after departure of the outbound transpacific sector.
that doesn't make this much of a mileage run then, does it?

I'm not finding anything near those prices. cheapest I'm finding (even going into next year) is around $1100.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
that doesn't make this much of a mileage run then, does it?
Well, given that you cross the dateline and the minimum stay is calculated between the day you leave the US for NRT/HKG and the day you leave from NRT/HKG back to the US, you can do fairly quick turnarounds in BKK. But yes, you're right, it still cannot be crammed into a regular weekend.

Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm not finding anything near those prices. cheapest I'm finding (even going into next year) is around $1100.
That's why. Fare gone. LAX-SGN on AA still seems available, though the cpm is worse.

Originally Posted by gary_nj
AA seems to have hiked their LAX-BKK fares this afternoon (and EWR-BKK as well). The fare still seems to be available on United, but AA seems to have thrown in the towel on this one.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I'm seeing UA ($790) and DL ($810) in January. But seems AA is gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.