Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] BA/AA: PRG-HNL rt 407 eur

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] BA/AA: PRG-HNL rt 407 eur

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by sabesie
99.9% chance tickets will be cancelled
I would errr closer to the 0.01% chance that they will be canceled. It was a low BF not even dropped YQ.

Last edited by PbodyPhoto; Aug 28, 2014 at 7:16 am
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by sabesie
99.9% chance tickets will be cancelled
When was the last time a flight that touched US soil was cancelled? This wasnt event a "mistake" fare.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+ BMID/E679904474)

I've got one on hold for February for £299.00. Was pricing up at £315 on Expedia UK but now repricing at booking to £700+.

Thanks again OP.

Spike
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by andaman C
Not if it touches US soil.
And even with a very limited geographical knowledge it'm sure it does

Booked three on BA website and got ticket numbers in a minute.

Thanks OP ^
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: LH
Looks like the fare is gone. BA has sent note to TAs stating it was an error fare. It is repriced to 864 Eur now
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:48 am

Got mine for 330 EUR as it is an easily FDable route
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by scibuff
Got mine for 330 EUR as it is an easily FDable route
OTA or airline's site?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by amiras
OTA or airline's site?
OTA
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by patriots12
When was the last time a flight that touched US soil was cancelled? This wasnt event a "mistake" fare.
BA has a reputation of fighting to the end and sometimes winning despite DOT.
Applicable or not here is one example
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Clincher
BA has a reputation of fighting to the end and sometimes winning despite DOT.
Applicable or not here is one example
That example was prior to the DOT rule.

BA has no ground to stand on to fight this. Not a $0 fare and includes all taxes and fees.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Hey guys, not gone just yet!!! just go from Lisbon round trip! €409 ai rt

http://www.ebookers.de/shop/airsearc...6bc7184f346399
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by skunker

BA has no ground to stand on to fight this. Not a $0 fare and includes all taxes and fees.
That's why I said applicable or not. The point is that BA has a reputation of fighting these low unintended fares.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:58 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"

That case - BA's malfeasance over their own DEL misfile in 2009 - and all the fallout (complaints, SCC cases) was part of the driving momentum behind the DoT ruling.

No question, BA are nasty. They do like to renege and thumb their noses at customer complaints after the fact. They may even try it. However, if you read the FOIA RGN correspondence requested by deltahater and with archive link in the RGN thread, you will see the DoT have not been patsies in enforcing this ruling since it was promulgated. Their correspondence with the legal representatives of all major airlines on this matter was clear, firm, and brooked no nonsense. It was very encouraging to read this, and the DoT actions contrast with the CTA's slipperiness in their dealings with LX and other RGN renegers involving Canadian itins.

DoT has consistently enforced the strict liability doctrine subject to the stopover provision (itin must originate/terminate in US, not just touchdown for <24hrs). It would be amusing to see BA go to war directly with the DoT ruling, especially in light of the history of the ruling and recent precedent showing enforcement of the ruling. Perhaps I should buy one of these itins to see if they do so.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Clincher
That's why I said applicable or not. The point is that BA has a reputation of fighting these low unintended fares.
Not a recent reputation. All the airlines used to fight them until the DOT rule came out. Ask Etihad. Flights to Canada on the otherhand seem to still be fair game to fight.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:11 am

Not a recent reputation. All the airlines used to fight them until the DOT rule came out. Ask Etihad. Flights to Canada on the otherhand seem to still be fair game to fight.
Not necessarily true. I have flown on numerous pre and post DOT ruling mistake fares. BA was the only airline I've ever taken to court.
Post DOT ruling makes it much easier but on a BA fare I would not be looking for an immediate 'honored' message or a smile.

Originally Posted by redtailshark
That case - BA's malfeasance over their own DEL misfile in 2009 - and all the fallout (complaints, SCC cases) was part of the driving momentum behind the DoT ruling.

No question, BA are nasty. They do like to renege and thumb their noses at customer complaints after the fact. They may even try it. However, if you read the FOIA RGN correspondence requested by deltahater and with archive link in the RGN thread, you will see the DoT have not been patsies in enforcing this ruling since it was promulgated. Their correspondence with the legal representatives of all major airlines on this matter was clear, firm, and brooked no nonsense. It was very encouraging to read this, and the DoT actions contrast with the CTA's slipperiness in their dealings with LX and other RGN renegers involving Canadian itins.

DoT has consistently enforced the strict liability doctrine subject to the stopover provision (itin must originate/terminate in US, not just touchdown for <24hrs). It would be amusing to see BA go to war directly with the DoT ruling, especially in light of the history of the ruling and recent precedent showing enforcement of the ruling. Perhaps I should buy one of these itins to see if they do so.
^ well explained

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.