PS Tlv-bkk 580$, j 1000$

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PS Tlv-bkk 580$, j 1000$

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Just checked Oct/Nov/Dec, cheapest I see is $701 r/t. FWIW the $701 fare is a T fare which is 50% on Etihad and FlyingBlue.

Cheapest business Oct/Nov/Dec I see is $1,728.

Will check other months
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Kiev is totally fine, it shows your ignorance of current events.
You can safely visit Kiev and you wouldn't know anything going on in the rest of the country.
These folks were flying over Ukraine at night, and had a really bad time of it. I am not sure his comment was entirely ignorant. He just may accept different levels of risk than you do.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Do you somehow think planes get teleported to Kiev without overflying any of the rest of the area?

Perhaps your saying it's "totally fine" shows your dependence and reliance on mainstream (i.e., tremendously biased) media? My friends in Kiev aren't as "totally fine" as you are. Real people are real worried.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Derrico
These folks were flying over Ukraine at night, and had a really bad time of it. I am not sure his comment was entirely ignorant. He just may accept different levels of risk than you do.
Military Aircraft ≠ Passenger Aircraft

Nice try though!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Derrico
Yeah, a military plane shot while on approach in Eastern Ukraine - in a territory known for terrorist activity. Such a thing obviously won't happen to civilian planes which are high in the skies at the moment they are flying over Eastern Ukrainian skies.

Believe me, from a person who visit Ukraine often, there is nothing to worry about if flying via KBP or even visiting Kyiv. Of course Ukrainias are justifiably worried what will become of their country, but everyday life goes on in places like Kyiv.

The only thing - as has being said - to worry about it the quality of service of PS but well, with a half liter of beer costing only 2 euro in economy to wash away the meals and the last time I took the plane to BKK the plane being only 40% full so having loads of space, it wasn't too bad actually!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Actually, one-and-a-half month ago these fares were around as well. Got myself an even cheaper open jaw ATH-KBP-BKK-KBP-MUC for around 250 euro back then; even better deal than the flights from German airports!
You should've posted the deal back then
Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by f0xx
Military Aircraft ≠ Passenger Aircraft

Nice try though!
Im not sure missiles or partisans always know the difference at night, Maybe they are not smart weapons.

Sorry I was not trying to assist in turning this into an OMNI conversation, but I just thought calling someone ignorant and suggesting that the current buildup/ conflict doesn't go through anyones mind seems kind of silly.

Would taking off from Kiev be dangerous, most likely not. Would I have to conceal from my wife that I was doing a mileage run through that area, possibly, hence I probably wouldn't do it. *Shrug*
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
You can safely visit Kiev and you wouldn't know anything going on in the rest of the country.

That said UIA is not that great of an airline, even and especially in J.
Sadly in this case, it appears that I'm not so ignorant after all.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:39 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Just checked Oct/Nov/Dec, cheapest I see is $701 r/t. FWIW the $701 fare is a T fare which is 50% on Etihad and FlyingBlue.

Cheapest business Oct/Nov/Dec I see is $1,728.

Will check other months
Which airlines?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by NYTA
Sadly in this case, it appears that I'm not so ignorant after all.
Kiev != E. Ukraine.
Nice try!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As there is one thread on this tragedy already please focus all discussion there.

tcook052
MR Forum Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.