Wiki Posts
Search

NYC/DCA-HKG on AA for ~ 5cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by lz80521
Lots of dates (at least half) in Sep and Oct. I put "aa sea aa dfw aa" and "aa dfw aa sea aa" in the advance routing fields. Fares range from $952-$970 (Saturday to Wednesday departures) to $1000~$1030 (Thurday, Friday departures).
Watch out for some long connections/overnight layovers, as well as AS-operated segments if going with that routing.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Watch out for some long connections/overnight layovers, as well as AS-operated segments if going with that routing.
Thanks for the kind reminder, TheBOSman. It does need some additional filtering of the results (e.g. <34 hours duration).
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lz80521
Thanks for the kind reminder, TheBOSman. It does need some additional filtering of the results (e.g. <34 hours duration).
Routing via LAX both ways is 4.2 cpm, and if timed right will allow FL access at LAX for Oneworld Emeralds if your HKG flight is the same day. Also, no worries about AS segments.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by globetrotter87
lz what dates are you getting that route to price out at $950? Not seeing it anywhere
Seek and you shall find. Plenty of dates out there, I'm not holding your hand through the booking process.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by lazard
5 CPM is very different from .5 CPM
This morning i kept dreaming that i was booking $99 flights to HKG. Too bad the dream didn't come true.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I'm getting 4.7 cpm on this route from my regional midwestern airport next march. perfect for a spring break trip!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Seek and you shall find. Plenty of dates out there, I'm not holding your hand through the booking process.
Just about every other post in this forum details sample booking dates and the range of dates that are available for booking. Not only is it common courtesy, it's common practice. Being downright condescending to somebody asking a question about a fare you posted is rude.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG
Sorry but I did mention that is was available multiple dates throughout this year. I didn't have time to do a detailed post (I also had to post from my iPhone so couldn't copy the whole ITA screenshot) but the fare is rather easy to find. I'll remember that next time to only post if I can post every detail. Apologies.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by steveholt
Just about every other post in this forum details sample booking dates and the range of dates that are available for booking. Not only is it common courtesy, it's common practice. Being downright condescending to somebody asking a question about a fare you posted is rude.
I didn't find it condescending. Too many one post wonders (well 2 time poster in this case) coming in and expecting someone else to do all the work. We get a lot of those on FT and it gets frustrating sometimes.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Sorry but I did mention that is was available multiple dates throughout this year. I didn't have time to do a detailed post (I also had to post from my iPhone so couldn't copy the whole ITA screenshot) but the fare is rather easy to find. I'll remember that next time to only post if I can post every detail. Apologies.
Plenty of people have posted quick fares on their phone or in a rush. Guessing you've made it to a computer between now and then, and you certainly weren't obligated to give a pithy answer if somebody asked a question about the fare dates.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Plenty of availability on this route, I've held some dates in March for $820

CMI-DFW-HKG, 17580 miles, 4.66cpm. 19-21 March (vacation not MR) I'm not sure if same day turns work

Same price out of ORD for a few more miles.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by steveholt
Plenty of people have posted quick fares on their phone or in a rush. Guessing you've made it to a computer between now and then, and you certainly weren't obligated to give a pithy answer if somebody asked a question about the fare dates.
And it isn't necessary to clutter a thread with multiple OT posts.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
My dates from WAS

I paid $939.40 for IAD-DFW-HKG-DFW-IAD departing on 01/29/15 and returning on 02/02/15. Happy to have an airline to fly after 12/31/14 that will give me the award miles I am used to receiving ( hope that continues a good while).
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Now if only there were C availability DFW-HKG-DFW that I could find in Apr/May '15...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Price is gone, looks like up to 6 cpm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.