Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX/ORD/BOS/PHL/RDU-CGK $950-1050 (PHL-CGK: 21143+ MI, 4.1cpm+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX/ORD/BOS/PHL/RDU-CGK $950-1050 (PHL-CGK: 21143+ MI, 4.1cpm+)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
I ended up having to call AA, all in this ended up running $1550. The AA code share was unavailable for the stop over in Tokyo, they had to substitute a JAL S fare earning only 50%. Adding an F fare on MH to KUL brings my cost per mile to $0.107. Think I will pass as this is way to brutal of a trip for the price. Will probably hold out for a sale to Tokyo.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Anyone find any availability in January 2015? I'm looking but I can't find any... What are y'all using, Google Flights, Kayak, or EF?
Old May 25, 2014, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Anyone find any availability in January 2015? I'm looking but I can't find any... What are y'all using, Google Flights, Kayak, or EF?
Seeing plenty availability using ITA.

Depart: January 6 through 8. Return: January 13 or 14.
Depart: January 12 through 15. Return: January 18 through 21.
(These were searched using only up to 5 nights there.)

I stopped here, there's really too much to list, but January is wide open. On the dates that $990 isn't available, it's still available from $997-$1090, not that much more.

Last edited by Djokison; May 25, 2014 at 3:26 pm
Old May 25, 2014, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Djokison
Seeing plenty availability using ITA.

Depart: January 6 through 8. Return: January 13 or 14.
Depart: January 12 through 15. Return: January 18 through 21.
(These were searched using only up to 5 nights there.)

I stopped here, there's really too much to list, but January is wide open. On the dates that $990 isn't available, it's still available from $997-$1090, not that much more.
Great, thanks! I found the dates that would work with my schedule. However, booking it is becoming another issue...
Old May 26, 2014, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bkkth
Three times I have tried to book from SEA. AA.com indicated system upgrades are available, but when I call AA to complete the reservation they say SWUs are not available. Not sure what gives.
One of the issues with AA's booking site is that it will show "upgrade available" for all flights in the grouped itinerary (i.e. outbound flights or return flights) even if just one segment actually has SWU availability. I also discovered this when I made my booking on this deal as my domestic segments were available but the AA DFW-NRT-DFW segments were not. (I have wait listed for those flights and am pretty confident being midweek flights, these will clear by the time I do my OLCI as previous such flights always have.)
Old May 26, 2014, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
One of the issues with AA's booking site is that it will show "upgrade available" for all flights in the grouped itinerary (i.e. outbound flights or return flights) even if just one segment actually has SWU availability.
One alternative is to do a trial booking for each segment. If the long haul doesn't show availability, then you know for sure. I believe if it does show availability, it could be a SWU is available for EITHER coach ->business OR business ->first.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:59 pm

Booked it! Should be an exciting few days in CGK! Now if only the CC would open back up so that I could find an SWU for my trip. It would really be nice...
Old May 28, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anybody been able to route this through HNL? I know this can be done with the UA fare... haven't searched too hard.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:22 am

2 questions: Has anybody been able to route this through HKG on the return...and does anybody know what fare bucket it books into on CX from HKG-CGK? Seems a lot of fare classes don't get AA miles on CX.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
2 questions: Has anybody been able to route this through HKG on the return...and does anybody know what fare bucket it books into on CX from HKG-CGK? Seems a lot of fare classes don't get AA miles on CX.
Yes, the PHL-CGK-PHL route books through HKG quite easily using multi-city function on AA.com (at least on the return). You must choose the AA plus OneWorld Option for carriers, and route through DFW. Fare appears to be approx the same via NRT or HKG.

The CGK-HKG segment is typically a red eye on CX. Books into N if I recall, so no mileage on AA for that segment. Layovers from 2-7 hours - not sure what a stopover will do to the fare.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pfbloom
Yes, the PHL-CGK-PHL route books through HKG quite easily using multi-city function on AA.com (at least on the return). You must choose the AA plus OneWorld Option for carriers, and route through DFW. Fare appears to be approx the same via NRT or HKG.

The CGK-HKG segment is typically a red eye on CX. Books into N if I recall, so no mileage on AA for that segment. Layovers from 2-7 hours - not sure what a stopover will do to the fare.
Stopover is $100, according to the fare rules. I'm not sure if it changes anything else, though.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Booked it! Should be an exciting few days in CGK! Now if only the CC would open back up so that I could find an SWU for my trip. It would really be nice...
Even if CC opens up, I don't think there's any chance that AA SWUs would be allowed or even remotely safe to try and trade. I'd put in a miles + co-pay request now if you're really wanting to upgrade.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
AA: PHL-CGK-PHL $990 21143+ mi (4.1cpm+)

Looks like AA.com is messed-up again at least on this PHL-CKG routing. The AA booking engine shows the low prices, but then says fare has changed or no longer available when you click through to book. Happens every day and itinerary...

Seems to me that when AA raises prices (which I suspect they've just done) the display doesn't correct/erase old fares for some time afterwards. Poor programming.....

Let me know if you think it's a cookies problem or something on my end!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:06 am

Looks like AA.com is messed-up again at least on this PHL-CKG routing. The AA booking engine shows the low prices, but then says fare has changed or no longer available when you click through to book. Happens every day and itinerary...

Seems to me that when AA raises prices (which I suspect they've just done) the display doesn't correct/erase old fares for some time afterwards. Poor programming.....

Let me know if you think it's a cookies problem or something on my end!
Login first, then price out itin. I've had this problem where i price the itin, then login where it asks me and it says the flight is no longer available. Once I login and then go through pricing, it seems to work (i just did this and got the error, went back out, logged in, then was able to price and purchase if needed). If you are logged in and getting that message, then I'm not sure...i didn't have any issues (dates were Nov 17-24).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
The AA booking engine shows the low prices, but then says fare has changed or no longer available when you click through to book. Happens every day and itinerary...
Long standing problem. It's been happening on U.S. to SEAsia bookings for a couple of years, now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.