Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

US: LAS – PHX – LAX – PHX - LAS -- $30 per seg, works in reverse.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US: LAS – PHX – LAX – PHX - LAS -- $30 per seg, works in reverse.

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rbAA
Found some dates in June at $112 all in LAX-LAS. I have all my trips ticketed thru T-Day (5 US-China RT's) and was coming up about 2600 mi short, so this works out and some Vegas time. Assuming you could find enough of these, EXP for $2800.
This fare has returned for several days in September (Tu, W, Sat) at $112 RT ($28 a seg). Given the continued dearth of traditional AA mileage runs, at least on the west coast, this will be how we make EXP this year.

Last edited by Paul5795; May 7, 2014 at 6:34 am Reason: typo
Old May 8, 2014, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Paul5795
Given the continued dearth of traditional AA mileage runs, at least on the west coast, this will be how we make EXP this year.
The dearth is not just West Coast-centric, unfortunately.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:31 am

For the newbies, can you please advise on best way to search for this on ITA? I live in LA and would love to take aadvantage...
Old May 8, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: US Silver, WN, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
Appears to be just about gone...only place I've been able to see it left is Orbitz.
Old May 8, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM; Marriott Platinum
And the net cost to me (currently an AA PLT), after figuring in the value of the RDMs from the flights and CC charges, would only be about $1k to achieve EXP. As for the pain, I would probably rather fly a lot of 1 hour flights in coach than maybe 8 or 10 international flights, particularly given that as a PLT I don't have access to free upgrades on international flights. And I live 10 minutes from the airport, so I could sleep in my own bed every night, and have little in the way of extra costs. But haven't actually decided to do this yet. . .
I haven't been tracking this that closely, but I assume from what you say above that we can mix and match AA miles and USAir miles to achieve AAdvantage status. Is that correct?
Old May 8, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhndrxn
I haven't been tracking this that closely, but I assume from what you say above that we can mix and match AA miles and USAir miles to achieve AAdvantage status. Is that correct?
When you fly on US Air, just enter your AAdvantage number into your reservation. Each mile (and each segment) you fly then counts the same as if you were flying on American Airlines metal in terms of getting Aadvantage elite status. Technically, of course, because of the merger you ARE flying on American metal .. ..

edit: but the two frequent flyer programs are still separate, so you can't (yet) fold miles or segments already credited to US Air Dividend miles into the Aadantage program.

Last edited by Paul5795; May 8, 2014 at 3:07 pm Reason: additional info
Old May 8, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM; Marriott Platinum
Thanks
Old May 8, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ERAU_MBA_Student
Appears to be just about gone...only place I've been able to see it left is Orbitz.
Yes, looks to be gone again, now back up to $160 RT ($40 a seg). The $112 RT fare ($28 a seg) seems to come and go briefly every few weeks. I reserved six RTs at the lower fare yesterday .
Old May 8, 2014, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrBreadbox
For the newbies, can you please advise on best way to search for this on ITA? I live in LA and would love to take aadvantage...
Start by setting up a roundtrip from LAS to LAX (or vice versa). Then use the advance routing codes and enter "phx" in both the outbound and inbound fields. Of course, use "0-1" in the length of stay box to get the same day turns.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I wish I would have jumped on this.

I'm doing the trial perferred challenge, and would like to hit gold. I already have 6 booked segments, and will hit 10 no problem, but this would have helped me get to gold.

It's looking like a couple good saturdays have LAX-PHX-SFO r/t for $167 a/i,
and SAN-PHX-SFO r/t for $177 a/i. Not really mileage deals (.09 cpm I think, $40/segment), but I guess it will have to do.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:31 pm

Start by setting up a roundtrip from LAS to LAX (or vice versa). Then use the advance routing codes and enter "phx" in both the outbound and inbound fields. Of course, use "0-1" in the length of stay box to get the same day turns.
Thanks much!

FYI, I'm seeing fares in July for $160-164.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.