Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caviack
If it's DL number on AF stock it should earn MQDs from my understanding, but I am not 100% certain as I don't follow the program that well.

If it's DL stock (006) on AF/KL flight numbers it'll count.

A list of which carriers will earn you MQDs and when can be found here http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../airlines.html
^^ Interesting!

So either DL numbering on any stock or approved partner on DL stock is a-okay.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Calchas
So either DL numbering on any stock or approved partner on DL stock is a-okay.
Yes. DL's mileage rules follow the marketing carrier, not operating carrier. This is exactly opposite of United, for example. There are a few exceptions for Delta ticket stock on non-Skyteam carriers, but that is not a worry for a flight operated by AF.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Yes. DL's mileage rules follow the marketing carrier, not operating carrier. This is exactly opposite of United, for example. There are a few exceptions for Delta ticket stock on non-Skyteam carriers, but that is not a worry for a flight operated by AF.
AFIK - UA has the same policy - ticket must start with 016, but any carrier can actually fly it - as long as the ticket starts with "016". Am I wrong?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by 110pgl
AFIK - UA has the same policy - ticket must start with 016, but any carrier can actually fly it - as long as the ticket starts with "016". Am I wrong?
You always earn PQDs for a United operated flight regardless of ticket issuer.
For Star Alliance partner operated flights you only earn PQDs if it is a United issued (016) ticket.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
LAN just announced a premium business sale from MIA/NYC/LAX to South America. Fairly wide date range but varies a bit depending on departure point. Example: LAX/EZE dp 5/14 ret 5/29, US$2598 AI. A steal, no - decent, I think so. Books into I.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Originally Posted by Waldofriend
LAN just announced a premium business sale from MIA/NYC/LAX to South America. Fairly wide date range but varies a bit depending on departure point. Example: LAX/EZE dp 5/14 ret 5/29, US$2598 AI. A steal, no - decent, I think so. Books into I.
I was looking at this, too. Trying to figure out a way to maximize the OW miles from LAX but there aren't a lot of options.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:14 pm
Suspended

AA: BOS-JFK-EZE-JFK-BOS, $2065 ai. Sample dates: 5/1-5/8. Books in P, I.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
JFK-DFW-EZE-DFW-JFK is available for $1677.
I see the non-stop for $1645 on ITA. But aren't these all old-style Business Class?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I see the non-stop for $1645 on ITA. But aren't these all old-style Business Class?
Yes.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes, EZE doesn't see the new 77W, so it would all be old angle-flat J. Ironically, economy is $1200. Do I want to pay $400 for even angle-flat J both ways? Heck yes!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Yes, EZE doesn't see the new 77W, so it would all be old angle-flat J. Ironically, economy is $1200. Do I want to pay $400 for even angle-flat J both ways? Heck yes!
not to mention the COS bonus and the opportunity to route via DFW both ways for 6700 miles each direction BIS. threw a set of tickets on hold for labor day, one for a random October weekend, and one to possibly replace a trip we have booked on UA miles for Thanksgiving. now to make some decisions.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

not to mention the COS bonus and the opportunity to route via DFW both ways for 6700 miles each direction BIS. threw a set of tickets on hold for labor day, one for a random October weekend, and one to possibly replace a trip we have booked on UA miles for Thanksgiving. now to make some decisions.
The fare is a couple hundred more in December and January, but at ~$1850 it is an excellent price for J travel during that time period.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
With DFW, does it become this: BOS-JFK-DFW-EZE-DFW-JFK-BOS? With COS and Elite Status Bonus, that comes to 32,298 miles for PLT and EXP members, 5.26¢ cpm in J. Not bad at all.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
With DFW, does it become this: BOS-JFK-DFW-EZE-DFW-JFK-BOS? With COS and Elite Status Bonus, that comes to 32,298 miles for PLT and EXP members, 5.26¢ cpm in J. Not bad at all.
The fare is NYC-BUE, there's a separate fare BOS-JFK. Better off using Avios/driving/Amtrak in my mind, I'm not paying $400 for BOS-JFK RT even in F. But I'm a little cheap .
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The fare is NYC-BUE, there's a separate fare BOS-JFK. Better off using Avios/driving/Amtrak in my mind, I'm not paying $400 for BOS-JFK RT even in F. But I'm a little cheap .
Correct. JFK-DFW-EZE and vv. makes it an easier trip than adding BOS when starting in Calif. The LAX-EZE is too pricey when SMF-NYC is readily available under $300 plus RPUs on p.s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.