DL/AA/UA: ORD-DUB $558/$592/$627 - Great for AA free Status Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, A3 Silver, TK Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Executive, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, M Plat

For those of you who got in on the AA free status challenge this is a nice option. Unlike the rest of AA Status Challenges, this one does not have the EQP restriction.

All November some quick turns available.

DL - $558, ORD-ATL-DUB 9,072 Miles (6.1 CPM), not great for CPM rate but nice price to get to Dublin or branch into Europe. Also great to pad your MQM balance before the end of the year.

AA - $592, ORD-LHR/MAN-DUB 8,438 (7.0 CPM). Marginally higher price, but if you got in on the free AA status challenge (like I did), two trips on this lock in Plat until Feb 2015. You are spitting distance after two (1100 miles) from Executive Plat and 8 system wide upgrades - this is a steal.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Uh hate to break it to you, but if you are AA gold like your profile says then you are not eligible for the challenge.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, A3 Silver, TK Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Executive, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, M Plat
Originally Posted by skunker
Uh hate to break it to you, but if you are AA gold like your profile says then you are not eligible for the challenge.
Sorry, I need to change that. It also says I am BD Gold but that's been LONG GONE! I also found $573 on AA routing through DUS which is eligible for double RDM!
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by kstewart10
You are spitting distance after two (1100 miles) from Executive Plat and 8 system wide upgrades - this is a steal.
Two round trips equals 16,876 miles. How is that 1100 miles from the 30,000 you would need from EXP?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bevoinva
Two round trips equals 16,876 miles. How is that 1100 miles from the 30,000 you would need from EXP?
Sorry, it's late - you're right, Exex Plat is 30k, I thought it was 18k, I have been playing around with some status challenges. My bad. Still a good deal to get to Plat with one trip and decide on another short trip.

One final correction, I just checked and the DUS bonus offer just expired a couple of weeks ago, so that part is out too. Still available for $573 and 8762 miles.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Thanks for the heads up. Was able to find $680 RT for LAS-JFK-DUB, so 10,854 mi. @ 6.3cpm.

Too bad Dublin will be really cold in November!

Last edited by veeRob; Aug 18, 2013 at 1:09 am
Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:40 am

I am looking for flights like these where one or two trips can get me plat or maybe three can get me Exec plat. I was looking at east coast HNL but it is roughly 1000 dollars per round trip so the value really isn't there.

if it could be done for say 1800 to 2000 then I would really consider that

I can reposition as well but are there other hub to distant land fares that might get one EXEC PLAt for less than 2k
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uElliots
I am looking for flights like these where one or two trips can get me plat or maybe three can get me Exec plat. I was looking at east coast HNL but it is roughly 1000 dollars per round trip so the value really isn't there.

if it could be done for say 1800 to 2000 then I would really consider that

I can reposition as well but are there other hub to distant land fares that might get one EXEC PLAt for less than 2k

ORD - PEK is fairly cheap now if you don't mind making a trip out of it.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:55 am

Is this targeted challenge? I have no status, is there any way to get to Exe Plat after 3 trips?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Everyone calm down.

The AA link was up, and then disappeared within a day or two.

No one knows if it was valid or not. I wouldn't do a MR on the hopes it is a valid MR. Someone in the AA forum may figure it out soon.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gamecock
Everyone calm down.

The AA link was up, and then disappeared within a day or two.

No one knows if it was valid or not. I wouldn't do a MR on the hopes it is a valid MR. Someone in the AA forum may figure it out soon.
There was a recent clarification that this will be honored. If you got in during the period it was open you are good to go. See this quote from their PR rep as clarified by Aadvantage Geek: http://bitly.com/1cRBbiK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.