Wiki Posts
Search

UA: ORD-BAH $634 .0427 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir

I know we have a thread on the LAX-BAH fare, but did not see one for ORD-BAH. If so, Mods please cobmine or delete as necessary.

UA ORD-IAD-BAH 14,848 miles at .0427 per mile.

ITA is showing mostly Friday and Saturday departures in November. Currently have a 11/23 departure on Fare Lock.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Hmmm....

Might be kind of interesting, thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The original thread included the ORD fare. One could book it ex-ORD and return to LAX or vice versa.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:51 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

I did fly ORD to bah last month got 15000 or so miles
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
anything Ex Was? no nights?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: United Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Enterprise Plus Gold
Thinking about doing this in late November. Zero nights in Bahrain. Is this possible given Bahrain transit times? Looks like scheduled landing at 8:25 PM. Depart 10:15 PM. 1 Hour 50 minutes on the ground. Please advise I'm ready to book.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:39 am

[QUOTE=CLEBUCK;21105499]Thinking about doing this in late November. Zero nights in Bahrain. Is this possible given Bahrain transit times? Looks like scheduled landing at 8:25 PM. Depart 10:15 PM. 1 Hour 50 minutes on the ground. Please advise I'm ready to book.[/QUOT

You will be on the same plane from IAD-KWI-BAH and back so any delays will not cause a misconnect.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
I know we have a thread on the LAX-BAH fare, but did not see one for ORD-BAH. If so, Mods please cobmine or delete as necessary.

UA ORD-IAD-BAH 14,848 miles at .0427 per mile.

ITA is showing mostly Friday and Saturday departures in November. Currently have a 11/23 departure on Fare Lock.
Just curious why would you pay for Fare Lock when you can get 100% refund within 24 hr cancellation, unless you plan to take longer time to make decision?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by gotofly
I did fly ORD to bah last month got 15000 or so miles
Tried to get this to work out of SFO but nothing close in price.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by CLEBUCK
Thinking about doing this in late November. Zero nights in Bahrain. Is this possible given Bahrain transit times? Looks like scheduled landing at 8:25 PM. Depart 10:15 PM. 1 Hour 50 minutes on the ground. Please advise I'm ready to book.
You can do it. You just go to transfer desk and tell them you are flying to USA and get the boarding pass. Don't go to immigration which is on the left side of transfer desk. Also if you have your boarding pass in your mobile or printed out no need to go to the transfer desk either just go up the elevator and go to your gate
You will be able to make the plane but will be brutal on the butt.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Merge with existing thread to keep all BAH info in one place?

We're going next year.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Originally Posted by DeepSky
Just curious why would you pay for Fare Lock when you can get 100% refund within 24 hr cancellation, unless you plan to take longer time to make decision?
I needed more than 24hrs to clear the dates at work.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:25 pm

wowojoe

You can do it. You just go to transfer desk and tell them you are flying to USA and get the boarding pass. Don't go to immigration which is on the left side of transfer desk. Also if you have your boarding pass in your mobile or printed out no need to go to the transfer desk either just go up the elevator and go to your gate
Hi GotoFly,

I'm seriously considering this trip in November - fare seems to be still there..
So, if I just do the quick turnaround, and not stay at least 1 day, am I understanding you that all I need to do is go right to the 'Transfer Desk' and get my return Boarding Pass? No transit through Customs? Or necessary visa?

Sounds a brutal trip, but the flights appear wide open, and lots of miles.

Thanks,

WOWOJOE
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA1K; AA EXP
There is one ex WAS. I posted it a while back. WAS-LAX-BAH-LAX-WAS, 23K EQM
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by wowojoe
Quote:

Hi GotoFly,

I'm seriously considering this trip in November - fare seems to be still there..
So, if I just do the quick turnaround, and not stay at least 1 day, am I understanding you that all I need to do is go right to the 'Transfer Desk' and get my return Boarding Pass? No transit through Customs? Or necessary visa?

Sounds a brutal trip, but the flights appear wide open, and lots of miles.

Thanks,

WOWOJOE
Yes you do not need to go to immigration or customs.
Make sure you have enough time atleast an hour to catch your return plane
Also if you are in economy comfort the seats are wide open and I was lucky to get three seats in both direction so I slept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.