Wiki Posts
Search

TK: IAD-IST-HKG $983/$999 RT ~4.8cpm A/I incl. MLK Jr. Day Holiday Weekend

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold

Found the routing IAD-IST-HKG using TK's Web site in late February for under $1K.

Itinerary #1:

Sat. Feb. 23 Dep: 23:30 IAD Arr: 16:45 (Next Day) IST Turkish Flight 08 A340-300
Mon. Feb. 25 Dep: 01:00 IST Arr: 16:40 (Same Day) HKG Turkish Flight 70 777-300ER

Mon. Feb. 25 Dep: 23:15 HKG Arr: 05:25 (Next Day) IST Turkish Flight 71 777-300ER
Tue. Feb. 26 Dep: 13:30 IST Arr: 18:25 (Same Day) IAD Turkish Flight 07 A340-300

Price: $983 incl. taxes and fees
Mileage: 20,420 PQM (estimated)
CPM: 4.8 cpm A/I

Itinerary #2:

Same outbound flight IAD-IST-HKG as Itinerary #1

Same return flight HKG-IST-IAD, except one day later

Price: $999 incl. taxes and fees
Mileage: 20,420 PQM (estimated)
CPM: 4.9 cpm A/I

Similar fares are also available in January.

Jan. 14-17 (leave IAD) to Jan. 22 (return IAD): $999
Jan. 19 (leave IAD) to Jan. 22 (return IAD): $999
Jan. 19 (leave IAD) to Jan. 21 (return IAD): $983

The last pair of days is a Saturday to Monday and corresponds to the MLK Jr. Day federal holiday, which might be of interest to DC area mileage runners who have the day off.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:47 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

TK and Lufthansa have IAD to AUH for $ 500 for the same time frame upto end of February only
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by vandrei
Found the routing IAD-IST-HKG using TK's Web site in late February for under $1K.
Also works for ICN.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:43 pm

Be aware even though the UA site says Turkish Airlines 'G' fare codes earn 100% pqm, Turkish Airlines will deny mileage credit to mileage plus. You will have to fight with the United Mileage Plus service center to get the miles manually credited.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by syzygy
Be aware even though the UA site says Turkish Airlines 'G' fare codes earn 100% pqm, Turkish Airlines will deny mileage credit to mileage plus. You will have to fight with the United Mileage Plus service center to get the miles manually credited.
Are you speaking of personal experience? If so, would you please share the details. Or, if you are relating the experience of other FTers, did they share them in one or more threads, and if so do you have a link?

Just this evening I got UA to credit me with miles for a flight IAD-IST last month on TA, which never showed up in my MP account. The circumstances were somewhat different, though, so I don't know if my experience is of much relevance. I bought a W fare on UA, but UA switched me to TA when they couldn't get us to EWR in time for our flight. It couldbe that my MP number didn't stick with my record when I flew TA.

Anyway, with all these great TA G fares out there, the answer to this mileage crediting question is important to many.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
Originally Posted by itsme
Are you speaking of personal experience? If so, would you please share the details. Or, if you are relating the experience of other FTers, did they share them in one or more threads, and if so do you have a link?
I speak from personal experience. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19927602-post14.html. You will find several other posts on this subject, if you look.

TK refused to credit miles on seven flights in "G," but automatically credited miles for one flight in "U." UA makes you wait 15 days before allowing a "missing miles" claim. Then, UA won't follow-up unless you call MP, but not before two weeks. When I called, I learned that TK again refused on grounds that flights in G don't earn miles. The MP agent sent another request and suggested that I call TK. TK says that I need to work through UA MP.

It has now been five weeks and TK is as stubborn as ever. This may change if UA MP decides to genuinely get involved. I've heard that others have eventually received credit if they fought hard enough.

Marc
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
Hmm. I flew LAX-ORD-IST and back Nov 2011, with the domestic on UA and intl on TK, for $499 all-in, bought through vayama.
I don't see the fareclass listed, but I can't imagine that was higher than a G on TK!
I had no problems getting the miles credited to MP.

Things must have changed with TK in the last year.
It does make me hesitate to get on one of these fares
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, #1 CG 5☆
Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
Things must have changed with TK in the last year.
It does make me hesitate to get on one of these fares
Maybe TK is getting overwhelmed by the sudden interest from UA flyers generated by their outstanding fares ;-)

All the miles they are paying UA for probably add up, and a number of other programs don't credit 100% PQM/RDM for virtually every TK flight: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...e_turkish.html

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 70% RDM/PQM credit a la SQ for mileage plus members at some future point, especially for the lower fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.