TK/*A : LAX-IFN (Isfahan, Iran) for $601 a.i. , 16,526 miles @ 3.6cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK/*A : LAX-IFN (Isfahan, Iran) for $601 a.i. , 16,526 miles @ 3.6cpm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Australian/HK/Mexican passports don't need a visa in advance according to TIMATIC although UK/Canada/US passports do need a prearranged one.
If you are female, ADMISSION WILL BE REFUSED TO WOMEN NOT WEARING ISLAMIC HEAD COVER, SCARF, LONG SLEEVES OR STOCKINGS.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by strongbow
Any reason why would many people not want to go to Iran?
The difficulty of getting a Visa would top the list for me. I'll leave any political reasons out of this, I just know that many would not want to go through the process involved. I would really want to go personally, but I simply do not have the time. The original post said only "LAX-IFN", I requested that the mods add the specific location, so anyone looking would know that it may take a little more effort to undertake this particular trip. Failing to list the city involved if it is not reasonably obvious is a major issue I have with many posts on this forum, and considering I didn't know IFN off the top of my head (and I know quite a number of obscure ones) I felt it should be noted what the actual location was.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
W fare
Sunday min stay
max 12 months
base fare 88
EoE not permitted except for US domestic flights and other TK fares (but these don't really change anything important)
valid thru EoS
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by astroflyer
I'd encourage anyone contemplating this to read the State Department Travel Advisory. US citizens have rather onerous visa requirements.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1142.html

Perhaps also worth reviewing the current OFAC sanctions list to make sure you don't run afoul of the US government in the process:
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...ages/iran.aspx
For US citizens it's a lot like visiting North Korea... you have to be accompanied by a guide at all times.

Are itineraries involving Iran even eligible for mileage credit? Flights to Cuba don't earn miles in many US programs.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 GOLD, AS MVP GOLD, O6 DIAMOND
Nice fare.
am doubt that why so many people twist the image about Iran.

Iran is one of my favorite countries. People are very friendly there. They are earger to knowing the outside world. Tourists are always welcome. most important, everything are very cheap there.
I was in Iran from SEP-OCT, people gave me free fruit, they bought the tickets for me. they showed me around the city for free. They even invited me to dinner & live in their house for free. so on...
I will definitely will go again
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by CAlex
I'd rather stay safe

I agree! But as long as you don't leave the airport in LAX, you will be fine

Esfahan is a wonderful city, as already mentioned by several here. Imam square is magnificent.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Can I swap the miles for a bullet-proof vest?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: Continental
I'd rather not lose my PreCheck status, thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: united airlines
Were those people who are saying that they have visited there and had a fine experience traveling on American passports, and if they were, how did they handle the visa issue. Are there tour companies that will faciliate the travel for Americans?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:41 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Can I swap the miles for a bullet-proof vest?
You'll need that bullet-proof vest when you get home, funny guy. 2009 homicide rate per 100,000:

Here's a good link for people interested in visa issues: here
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by lxpatrick
Nice fare.
am doubt that why so many people twist the image about Iran.

Iran is one of my favorite countries. People are very friendly there. They are earger to knowing the outside world. Tourists are always welcome. most important, everything are very cheap there.
I was in Iran from SEP-OCT, people gave me free fruit, they bought the tickets for me. they showed me around the city for free. They even invited me to dinner & live in their house for free. so on...
I will definitely will go again
+1
Also had some similar experience as yours.

For those interested in Iran (especially IFN) you can have a look to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-air-more.html
Old Dec 29, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Great deal for Iran! If I wasnt worried about getting a visa I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Actually a good friend of mine is living there right now
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Iran is a wonderful country. I went there in 2004 (I think). Isfahan is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The people are friendly. It has a culture of not eating out so restaurants are not particularly good.

If I thought I could get a visa quickly, I'd go in a heartbeat, Global Entry be damned!

I can't remember whether the tour company I went with took care of the visas or I did independently. It wasn't inordinately long. Tho it was 8 years ago.

I read in a Singapore newspaper a couple of days ago that the Iranian government was cautioning Iranians against going to the US. A 73 year old man died 2 days after entering the US. He had been detained and questioned for 5 hours by immigration. The Iranian govt blamed the detention for his death.

Please don't judge a country's people by its government.

On the plane seconds before we landed, I was treated to the sight of glamorous women wiping off make up and covering their beautiful dresses with a hijab. I had read about that but thought it was an exaggeration. I did don my head covering and long sleeved jacked before we deplaned.

I long for the day when I can easily travel there. (I was told there used to be non stop flights from Isfahan to NYC.) (I also want to go to Cuba.)

The guide we had was terrific. My son and I wandered about fairly freely. We ate dinner outside the designated spots and took off on our own during free time. We arranged a flight back to Tehran so we didn't have to endure 14 hours on a bus. Again, 8 years ago.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I'd rather not lose my PreCheck status, thanks.
What does TSA have to do with visiting a foreign country

I got approved for global entry right after coming back from Iran in 2011, and I m not even American.....
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.1.2; GT-I9300 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Yep I've been to several "axis of evil" countries and still have precheck and ge functioning just fine. Though returning from Sudan I did get flagged for a screen at customs. Some how origin airport was tagged in the ge receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.