Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] WN Fall Travel Super Sale: $49 & up; look for matches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold

WN announced a "Fall Travel Super Sale." Flights of 0-500 miles are as low as $49 all-in each way flights of 501-1300 miles can be had for as little as $99 all-in each way, and flights of 1301 miles or more start at $139 each way. Purchase by Thursday, June 14. Travel from August 13 through November 14, 2012. Fridays and Sundays and August 18, August 30, September 3, and September 4 excluded. Look for your favorite carrier serving WN city pairs to match.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks! In for CHS to BNA roundtrip.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: UA platinum
No UA match yet

I was looking at UA site, for ORD-IAH, shows $411, MDW-HOU on WN shows $196, 3rd week of August mid-week travel! hopefully UA matches by day's end!! Any thoughts? Shri
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:48 am
scf

Originally Posted by shri11
I was looking at UA site, for ORD-IAH, shows $411, MDW-HOU on WN shows $196, 3rd week of August mid-week travel! hopefully UA matches by day's end!! Any thoughts? Shri
Shri - would also love to see that fare go down. I feel like ORD-IAH keeps getting more and more expensive...!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by scf
Shri - would also love to see that fare go down. I feel like ORD-IAH keeps getting more and more expensive...!
I checked LAX-ORD on UA and still $428.. Lets hope UA Matches I have some travel to book..
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:48 am

This type of excellent Southwest sale seems to only come up 1-2 times per year. I haven't confirmed this yet, but it appears on first glance that you can combine this Wanna Get Away fare sale with the 15% off promo offer that is discussed at http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...hwest-flights/

Keep in mind, however, that the 15% off promo cannot be used when redeeming points....the discount is only applied when purchasing airfare.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by vortix
This type of excellent Southwest sale seems to only come up 1-2 times per year. I haven't confirmed this yet, but it appears on first glance that you can combine this Wanna Get Away fare sale with the 15% off promo offer that is discussed at http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...hwest-flights/

Keep in mind, however, that the 15% off promo cannot be used when redeeming points....the discount is only applied when purchasing airfare.
Disregard the above 15% off deal....I tried, and it apparently does NOT stack with the fall fare sale. Oh well! Still an excellent deal.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
WN announced a "Fall Travel Super Sale."

Flights of 0-500 miles are as low as $49 all-in each
Flights of 501-1300 miles can be had for as little as $99 all-in each way
Flights of 1301 miles or more start at $139 each way
So we talking 10 cpm. Hahahaha!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:39 am

ORD-IAH

scf, the UA jacked up the fare right after they finished merging their operating systems CO-UA. Till that time, I was finding fares for less than $200 mid-week travel. I think WN also did not help when they raised fares, now that they are taking the lead, and oil is under $90 per barrel, I hope UA matches, I will be all over that and buying like 8-10 round trips!! Shri
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:01 am
scf

Originally Posted by shri11
scf, the UA jacked up the fare right after they finished merging their operating systems CO-UA. Till that time, I was finding fares for less than $200 mid-week travel. I think WN also did not help when they raised fares, now that they are taking the lead, and oil is under $90 per barrel, I hope UA matches, I will be all over that and buying like 8-10 round trips!! Shri
i'll be checking this week as well and will let you know if I see any significant movements.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
So we talking 10 cpm. Hahahaha!
its not all going to be 10 cpm if a legacy carrier matches b/c you may have to connect

usually I realize its route matching but I've seen connections as well
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:17 am

ORD-IAH fares

OK Thanks scf, I will be checking as well, and will post here as well! Shri
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:53 am

Some US and UA matches out of RDU

US $97 a.i. RDU-PHL, only the n/s seem to be coming up.

US $117 a.i. FLL via CLT,
UA/US $120 a.i. BUF

other Northeast cities probably also in play.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I find it interesting that none of the hub carriers have matched yet. I recall during the last SWA semi-annual sale the then independent UA was the first to response quickly followed by CO and AA. DL initially had resistance but matched selectively later.

I have some travel I want to throw to AA at the right price but am thinking I'll be taking my first SWA flight this summer.

EDIT:
I was watching MSP-CHI, no matches as of edit, it appears that UA is matching MSP-(CHI)-STL though.

Last edited by Exiled in Express; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:59 am Reason: hogo74's post
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
AA has semi-matched on the route I'm looking at, BOS-STL. Don't expect any MRs out of this sale, but good for some normally higher midwestern routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.