Wiki Posts
Search

MKE - Any Good Place to Leave Keys?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
MKE - Any Good Place to Leave Keys?

Sadly, my father in law just passed away & we are taking turns staying with mom. I am flying out and my BIL flying in 2 hours later. Would like to take mom's car to the airport (otherwise she will insist on dropping me off & picking him up and she's 86...), leave the keys with someone somewhere that my BIL can pick them up from & drive car back to mom's. Any ideas? Don't have enough time to mail him an extra set.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:30 am

I'd leave the electronic key fob somewhere on the exterior (say taped under the wheel well) (obviously do it after you park) and prearrange with him where you will leave the key to start the car.

If he has AAA, it may also be a good backup incase he can't find the fob he can call them and tell them that he has locked his key inside the car.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:17 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I use a private parking service called Exec Park across the street from the airport. They have a complimentary shuttle to the airport. They are family owned and very nice. I think this might be a safer solution than taping keys to a car (particularly if your BIL's flight is delayed). Exec Park's number for reservations is 414-747-1000.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GB
I use a private parking service called Exec Park across the street from the airport. They have a complimentary shuttle to the airport. They are family owned and very nice. I think this might be a safer solution than taping keys to a car (particularly if your BIL's flight is delayed). Exec Park's number for reservations is 414-747-1000.
Thanks - how much do you thing they'd charge for 4 hours or so?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles (silver) & AA Advantage
Originally Posted by brendamc
Thanks - how much do you thing they'd charge for 4 hours or so?
My condolences on your loss

I think they are less than $10/day.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 6:16 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Exec Park is $8.50 per day.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
There is a traveler's aid desk in the center of the mail floor.

I had a case one time where I was picking up two groups of people, then heading to a Brewers game. Group 2's flight was delayed and I didn't want to wait so I got an envelope, but the tickets in, put their name & phone number on the envelope and left it at the desk.

Group two arrived an hour later, picked up the tickets and caught a cab to the game. Worked fine ^

The phone # for the Traveler's Aid desk is posted in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433737

Last edited by MKEbound; Jul 21, 2008 at 12:26 pm Reason: add more info
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKEbound
There is a traveler's aid desk in the center of the mail floor.

I had a case one time where I was picking up two groups of people, then heading to a Brewers game. Group 2's flight was delayed and I didn't want to wait so I got an envelope, but the tickets in, put their name & phone number on the envelope and left it at the desk.

Group two arrived an hour later, picked up the tickets and caught a cab to the game. Worked fine ^

The phone # for the Traveler's Aid desk is posted in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433737
Wish I'd thought of that! My BIL ended up paying the Clarion $8 for them to hold his the keys at the front desk for 2 hours. Basically, paid their parking rate. I'm back again on Friday - will try that out this trip. Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.