Wiki Posts
Search

CLE parking recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
CLE parking recommendations?

Catching a cheap flight this Saturday out of CLE. Any parking suggestions from locals?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Catching a cheap flight this Saturday out of CLE. Any parking suggestions from locals?
CLE is my "home away from home", so I don't park at the airport often. But, after parking at a variety of airports over the years, I think the airport parking facility is very reasonably priced. And, there is the additional advantage this time of year that it is covered so you don't have to clear the snow off your vehicle when you get back or walk through snowdrifts or cross a wide open expanse of lot with 30 mph winds giving you a windchill in the minus numbers. If you're only gone a couple days, how much could you save anyway? Now, a 2 week trip, maybe the savings are worthwhile. I'm sure they're there, but I've never spotted a private lot at CLE.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: hoarding miles
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
as BamaVol said, the onsite garage is reasonably priced (I think $11 or $12/day). But for trips longer than a day or two, I park at Park Place right on Snow Road (next exit after the Airport on 237). The AAA rate (and internet special below) is $7/day - includes a bottle of water and USA today upon arrival, and free car wash upon departure. It's very convienient, the shuttle follows you as soon as you pull in and waits for you to park, then takes you directly to the terminal. Sometimes this can be quicker than finding a spot in the garage and walking over the bridge to the terminal!

Check out http://www.parkplacefree.com/parkplace/home.aspx
RobS likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. ^ I'm leaning toward the $7 a day place, as I am cheap. Why else would I drive to CLE from Ann Arbor for a flight?

And I was concerned no one comes to this forum and my question would go unanswered.

If I can help either of you with DTW/TOL or NW questions, please PM or post here.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Even cheaper - park in the RTA lot on Brook Park Road and ride the train. Parking is free, and the 5 minute train ride to the airport costs $1.50 each way. That's what I do when flying out of CLE.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Even cheaper - park in the RTA lot on Brook Park Road and ride the train. Parking is free, and the 5 minute train ride to the airport costs $1.50 each way. That's what I do when flying out of CLE.
Awesome tip! Parked there this weekend. $1.50 each way. Had TSA folks for both the trip to the airport and the return. There was even a car in the lot with a car cover on it.

David, I'll buy you a beer at the next Do we attend, I liked this tip so much. Thanks!

When coming off 480E, get off at the airport exit. Turn left at the light. The airport entrance will be on your right. About a 1/2 mile later, the RTA lot is on your left.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:06 am

For how long?

Originally Posted by DavidDTW

Is there a time limit on how long you can park at this lot?
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:12 am

Nope no Time limit

safety of your car can be an issue. There have been TSA folk who have gotten their car broken into althought it is a rarity. If it happens you won't be able to go to the RTA and sue them like you might at Park Place. Generally its pretty safe though.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CLELOSER
safety of your car can be an issue. There have been TSA folk who have gotten their car broken into althought it is a rarity. If it happens you won't be able to go to the RTA and sue them like you might at Park Place. Generally its pretty safe though.
I would describe myself as very safety conscious. Some would say paranoid. I parked by myself right as you come into the lot, right next to what appears to be a fairly busy street. I had to wheel my rollaboard a few hundred feet, but thought the safety tradeoff was worth it.

There were many cars at the back of the lot, because that is where you go to catch the train. I think any thief will look for a soft target at the back of the lot, versus one by itself near the road. Just MHO.

I'd park there again.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:32 pm

Where's the cheapest place to park these days?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
What's the current status on parking at the Brook Park RTD lot? Seems like they now have a row that is designated for overnight parking with signs saying 5 days maximum. Anyone know how strictly this is enforced?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: UA MM
Public Service Announcement:

The airport website for parking info borders on useless. On Wednesday, it indicated both the Red and Blue covered parking lots as <90% full. I pull up and Red is Full, fortunately Blue was not. Before I got out of my car once parked, I checked the website again and it still claimed Red as <90% full.

Is anyone surprised?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.