Wiki Posts
Search

Green Bay Packers, getting tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EB*G
Green Bay Packers, getting tickets

Will be flying into Wisconsin for my first time visit to Green Bay, and my first NFL game on US soil for that matter (have caught a few Wembley games). Outside of StubHub and TicketExchange - what, if any, are my options for getting tickets to a STL@GB this October (16th)?

If I get tickets outside Lambeau Field, what will they generally cost me? How reliable is it? Will be looking for 2 tickets seated together, probably going for lower level endzone to get close to the action while keeping prices somewhat bearable...
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:16 am

Great pick for a place to see your first game.

titletowntickets.com is a local Green Bay Broker that is good.

You can expect to pay $150+ to sit in the Endzone.

Many times I buy my tickets on the street. I have gotten many good deals.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EB*G
Originally Posted by a7800
Great pick for a place to see your first game.
Considering I'm a Packers fan, there really were no alternatives to going to Lambeau...

I decided to use the (probably slightly more) expensive option of buying through ticketexchange (official ticket brokerage of the NFL). As I'm making the tour inland from NYC mainly for the game, I didn't want to risk a gameday gamble for tickets. Also, based in Europe, electronic delivery is preferable - StubHub wouldn't even ship non-electronic tickets outside US/Canada.

I'll try to use the private option of parking on someone's lawn in Green Bay though, and make sure I've got some time for a Pro Shop visit and some tailgating. Any advice? It's a noon kickoff..
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:49 pm

I recently had a great experience buying Seattle tickets on Craigslist. We did the deal by email, and met the people at a restaurant the day before. They got cash, we got tickets, and so we had no last minute anxiety about finding tcikets.

Ebay is also a possibility, but unless it's getting close to game time, I've usually found that there are no great deals to be had. Either way, prices will probably get cheaper as game day approaches, unless GB is on a roll. It's a risk/reward situation.

Of course, there are fake tickets out there, so buyer beware.

As for tailgating, unless you already have friends there, you might consider showing up with a case of beer, which should get you some instant friends. Note that I am not familiar with booze policies in GB so you might want to check first. But in any event, the best tailgating is with a dozen fans gathered around a BBQ rather than one of the commercial deals under a tent. I guess it depends partially on how gregarious you are. But in any event, be sure to wear GB colors.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Don't hesitate to check eBay. My dad and I got 30-yard line seats for the NFC Championship game at Lambeau when they hosted the Giants a few years ago. Pretty reasonable prices relative to what brokers were charging.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL -DM / 2MM, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum
Tickets are fairly easy to find in the parking lot on game day. Last year I attended 2 games and found an ample amount of tickets less than 40 bucks.
Went to last week's Tampa Bay game and found 2 on the 10 yard line for $25 each.
In the past 5 years I have never been unable to find a ticket. If you wait until 20 minutes before kickoff, the prices drop incredibly fast.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
One of my favorite NFL stadiums. Make sure you show up early for tailgating (no matter how cold it is). The fans are really what makes the place stand out.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
Just a little late but maybe for future reference. You will get a better price for cold weather games or preseason. Try greenbaypressgazette.com for classifieds or some bars near the stadium also broker for tickets. Post an ad on Craigslist. I'm 37632 on the season ticket waiting list you could put your name on it and sit around and wait.

Hopefully you found some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.