Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2006, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by JLK9N
I know this is a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be nice for a passenger walkway to be constructed BEYOND security to connect the C, D and E terminals? It could allow for pax flying AA or DL or UA to use the YX and NW lounges, not to mention more vendor choices, etc. It might also make MKE more attractive as a focus city for connecting flights.
If you've got the time and don't mind going through security twice - you can go out to the WorldClub on concourse E even if you are flying out of a different concourse. Just show the TSA agent your boarding pass and when they tell you that your are on the wrong concourse tell them you are going to the WorldCLub - they'll let you go through. I would think this would also work for Midwest's club. Of course the clubs are "members only."
Old May 13, 2006, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RobertH
If you've got the time and don't mind going through security twice - you can go out to the WorldClub on concourse E even if you are flying out of a different concourse. Just show the TSA agent your boarding pass and when they tell you that your are on the wrong concourse tell them you are going to the WorldCLub - they'll let you go through. I would think this would also work for Midwest's club. Of course the clubs are "members only."
The NWA club is nothing to write home about. It was clean, but there were chairs with torn fabric, it seemed in dire need of getting a remodel, paint and everything. Their club in DTW and MSP both have leather chairs, and are much nicer in general. I wouldn't waste time going thru security twice for it.
Old May 15, 2006, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WIRunner
The NWA club is nothing to write home about. It was clean, but there were chairs with torn fabric, it seemed in dire need of getting a remodel, paint and everything. Their club in DTW and MSP both have leather chairs, and are much nicer in general. I wouldn't waste time going thru security twice for it.
Free WiFi, the excellent espresso machine, good snacks, exceptional agents, and clean restrooms are all noted highs to write home about.

DTW's clubs are brand new, and those in MSP are a part of their flagship hub, though there are a number of complaints about the noise levels in the F/G club.

I like the MKE WorldClub, and have done what the poster above has suggested many times when flying YX. Namely because I don't have a YX club membership. Going through security is never a terribly long endeavor at MKE either.

Addressing the suggestion of a walkway connecting the concourses, I don't think the layout of the terminals would allow for an above-ground link. Perhaps an underground tunnel to connect with the moving walkway in D, but that might be a fiscal undertaking that MKE County would not want to engage in. I wish they would move DL to E so the SkyTeam carriers would be in one concourse.
Old May 15, 2006, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by mlsrar
Free WiFi, the excellent espresso machine, good snacks, exceptional agents, and clean restrooms are all noted highs to write home about.
Let me add free booze, free papers and magazines, MUCH better muffins for breakfast than the DTW or MSP clubs, work desks with power ports. For an outstation I think the MKE WC is better than most.
Old May 15, 2006, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey
Now if I could just get someone to do SFO-MKE nonstop again.
YX has started SFO-MKE nonstop again!
Old May 15, 2006, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by MKEbound
Let me add free booze, free papers and magazines, MUCH better muffins for breakfast than the DTW or MSP clubs, work desks with power ports. For an outstation I think the MKE WC is better than most.
Yeah, but 05:30 is sometimes too early for a G/T I do dig the muffins, and grabbing a McPaper on the way out. The 1975-vintage CRTs with flight status are too cool and I don't want those to go.

I still have yet to try out the Best Care Club, so I'll have to check it out.

About YX MKE-SFO, big thumbs-up to that one. Somewhat better times than the '04 non-stops with the 19:00 departure and red-eye return, though others might disagree.

Do they have enough spare aircraft to operate this? Are they reducing frequency on any other routes?
Old May 15, 2006, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

About YX MKE-SFO, big thumbs-up to that one. Somewhat better times than the '04 non-stops with the 19:00 departure and red-eye return, though others might disagree.

Do they have enough spare aircraft to operate this? Are they reducing frequency on any other routes?
I think that MKE-SFO is seasonal, and they use one of the MD80's that flies to Florida during the winter.
Old May 15, 2006, 2:46 pm

I think that MKE-SFO is seasonal, and they use one of the MD80's that flies to Florida during the winter.
It's coming from MKE-FLL according to an a.net source.
Old May 15, 2006, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Yup, some of the chairs have torn fabric. But, I can live with that given the other amenities mentioned. The biggest problem I have with the Milwaukee WorldCLub is that Helga (WorldCLub agent for many years) retired. The rest of the staff is excellent, though.
Old May 31, 2006, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Back on Topic...

Airtran has the first two gates past security in the E concourses, but have temporarily relocated to the C concourse - gates C 7 & 9 - during the renovation of their gates. I wonder if anything will be done at the NW and CO gates.
Old May 31, 2006, 7:00 am

Airtran has the first two gates past security in the E concourses, but have temporarily relocated to the C concourse - gates C 7 & 9 - during the renovation of their gates. I wonder if anything will be done at the NW and CO gates.
I was pondering this subject as well, and was wondering what could really be done? The rotunda is certainly aging, but is relatively clean. A fixture update would certainly be in order, brigter lighting/signage, newer chairs. In spite of the copious amount of window space, it has a tendency to feel dark, while the hammerhead at D always feels bright and airy.

Maybe some skylights and tile floor to reflect the light?
Old May 31, 2006, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Maybe some skylights and tile floor to reflect the light?
The new tile floor in C really makes it look clean and bright!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Check out some additional information on the Master Plan Update for the Milwaukee Airport from the offical website: http://www.mitchellairport.com/maste...06_2_20_06.pdf
Old Jun 27, 2006, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

General Mitchell International Airport Temporarily closes Surface Parking and Cellular Phone Waiting Lots

MILWAUKEE – June 16, 2006 - The Surface Parking and Cellular Phone Waiting Lots will be closed to parkers beginning June 23, 2006. The Cellular Phone Lot, which is within the Surface Lot are both scheduled to reopen September 1, 2006.

This closure also affects Milwaukee County Transit Bus users. Beginning July 10, 2006 all buses will share the charter bus parking area on the north-end of the Baggage Claim Road. All bus users should look for new temporary bus signage in this area for pickups and drop-offs.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:11 am

General Mitchell International Airport Temporarily closes Surface Parking and Cellular Phone Waiting Lots

MILWAUKEE – June 16, 2006 - The Surface Parking and Cellular Phone Waiting Lots will be closed to parkers beginning June 23, 2006. The Cellular Phone Lot, which is within the Surface Lot are both scheduled to reopen September 1, 2006.

This closure also affects Milwaukee County Transit Bus users. Beginning July 10, 2006 all buses will share the charter bus parking area on the north-end of the Baggage Claim Road. All bus users should look for new temporary bus signage in this area for pickups and drop-offs.
How popular was the cell-phone lot anyway?

Addressing the master plan, some of those terminal placements seem rather odd. The only logical one I saw was to eliminate the long-term surface lot, but then it seems that they would have to relocate the GA/exec stands...but to where? Where SigAv is located?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.