Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YX adds seasonal MKE-SEA/SAN service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:37 am
Original Poster

YX adds seasonal MKE-SEA/SAN service

I'm glad to finally see the MKE-SAN non-stops return after all of these years. Maybe they'll go year-round if demand is strong.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Midwes...41095.html?x=0

The schedules/aircraft for MKE-SEA are a bit strange. It's an evening departure/red-eye return that only operates up to four days per week. Interesting that SAN gets an Airbus while SEA sees an E190. This summer MKE will have up to three non-stops to SEA (2x daily on AirTran, 1x less than daily with Midwest.

Also of interest is that SFO is now listed as seasonal service. It was initially loaded as year-round. Of course, that could still change.

Last edited by BlueHorseShoe2000; Feb 18, 2010 at 12:13 pm
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
I'm glad to finally see the MKE-SAN non-stops return after all of these years. Maybe they'll go year-round if demand is strong.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Midwes...41095.html?x=0

The schedules/aircraft for MKE-SEA is a bit strange. It's an evening departure/red-eye return that operates four days per week. Interesting that SAN gets an Airbus while SEA sees an E190. This summer MKE will have up to three non-stops to SEA (2x daily on AirTran, 1x less than daily with Midwest.

Also of interest is that SFO is now listed as seasonal service. It was loaded as yera-round. Of course, that could still change.
Very good news indeed for MKE - SAN! How long have we all been speculating this route would return for Midwest?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyYX
How long have we all been speculating this route would return for Midwest?
Far too long!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Preliminary Summer 2010 MKE West Coast flight schedules

For those interested, here's a quick run-down of all of the non-stop service from MKE to the West Coast this summer.

SEA
AirTran 2x daily 737 service
Midwest 4x/week E190 service

SFO
Midwest 1x daily A319 service

LAX
Midwest 2x daily A319 service

SAN
AirTran 1x daily 737 service
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:17 pm

I'm glad you appreciate this news Blue. I remember how you talked about wanting the SAN non-stop service at the seat sale. Glad we could accommodate!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:04 pm

For those interested, here's a quick run-down of all of the non-stop service from MKE to the West Coast this summer.

SEA
Midwest 4x/week E190 service

SFO

LAX
Midwest 2x daily A319 service

SAN
AirTran 1x daily 737 service
Beside these nonstops, Southwest offers direct (one-stop) service MKE-LAX-MKE, sometimes 2x per day.

Let's hope that MKE can support all of the reinstated service.
Is there room for yet additional expansion of service at MKE?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MostlyAir
I'm glad you appreciate this news Blue. I remember how you talked about wanting the SAN non-stop service at the seat sale. Glad we could accommodate!
MostlyAir-Do you know when these flights will be available for booking?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:23 pm

Too bad the market isn't strong enough for one year round MKE-SAN on either YX or FL. Very few folks realize how nice the San Diego area is in the winter. I was just out there a couple weeks ago, and SoCal is great in January/February.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:37 pm

Travelocity has MKE-SAN loaded now. Go for it, Blue!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:41 pm

They should be available for purchase on midwestairlines.com by the end of the day. Sometimes it takes awhile, I don't really know why.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, LH Senator, HH Plat, Priority Club Gold, UA RCC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Too bad the market isn't strong enough for one year round MKE-SAN on either YX or FL. Very few folks realize how nice the San Diego area is in the winter. I was just out there a couple weeks ago, and SoCal is great in January/February.
I could not agree more. Year round service would be fantastic.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

They should be available for purchase on midwestairlines.com by the end of the day. Sometimes it takes awhile, I don't really know why.
I just booked two tickets on Travelocity.

Now you just need to tell the people in Planning that the route should be flown with an E190 during the fall/winter
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:23 pm

Could you tell from the seat map if you booked the first seats on the flight, or if others were already sold?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:58 pm

Now you just need to tell the people in Planning that the route should be flown with an E190 during the fall/winter
Great! Sounds like a vendor problem again. Should be up around midnight on our website. The vendor has another big change going through that's taking precident.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:09 pm

Great! Sounds like a vendor problem again. Should be up around midnight on our website. The vendor has another big change going through that's taking precident.
Sabre issue? Don't they still own Travelocity?
If so, it's interesting that Travelocity has the new flights loaded, but not YX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.