Wiki Posts
Search

Damascus, syria

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Damascus, syria

Any FTers in Damascus?

I need to send a package via Fedex to a friend in Damascus but with no current address. Fedex doesn't have a actual physical store over there.
I'm thinking of possibly sending it to a hotel where he can pick it up.

any ideas?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
You could try Aramex, which is the FedEx of the Middle East. They have offices in Syria -- I assume that you could ship it to one of their offices and provide your friend's phone number, but I am not certain about this.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:02 pm

The hotel idea would probably work. I was in Damascus in July and when I returned home I sent a magazine to a teenage girl I met while I was there. I asked her for her address, but she claimed the guest house her parents' managed was illegal(??) and they didn't receive mail.

However, I knew there was a hotel across the street, so I looked up the address online and sent it there. It took about 10 days, but it arrived safely. I would think as long as your friend was able to let the hotel know in advance, that they would be willing to accept the package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.