Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

8 Hour Night Time Layover in Doha Itinerary Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond

Flight gets in at 1800 on Friday and my connecting flight is as 0240. I'll try to join the free city tour, but from what I've read, it might be full by the time I try to check-in. So as a back-up, I'm trying to arrange my own tour. Should I just follow the same itinerary - Museum of Islamic Art, Katara Cultural Centre, the Pearl-Qatar, and Souq Waqif? Or are there other sights that I should visit.

I'll have access to the Al Mourjan lounge, so I'm not sure if it's worth eating outside in the city?

I plan to Uber everywhere.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Hate to throw a wrench in your plans but the Museum of Islamic Art closes at 5:30 as far as I know. Not sure about Katara.... The Pearl and Souq Waqif are definite options. From a food perspective, the AlMourjan lounge is ok, nothing to plan ahead for...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways
Uber will be your savior here. Plenty of 24hr places at the Souk to eat, and a good place to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.