Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to Stay in/near Petach Tikva, Israel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to Stay in/near Petach Tikva, Israel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by mbgg
As pointed out, driving in Israel is at the same level of "sucks" as in New York and many countries in Europe. Public transportation is NOT terrible in general, especially in the major cities and along the coast, although much can be improved.

If you are staying in Ramat-Gan or Tel-Aviv you will be traveling opposite the heavy rush hour traffic in both directions.

If you are only going to your work during the day and into the center of Tel-Aviv during the evening there is little point in renting a car. Even taking taxis would probably work out to be cheaper, taking into account the cost of parking and petrol.
While it would be the opposite of the heavy rush hour commute, it would be significant rush hour traffic nonetheless. Every since they ripped up Jabotinsky, the traffic is horrendous in both directions.

As for the car - if choosing not to stay in Tel Aviv (or diamond district of Ramat Gan - i.e. staying at Kfar Maccabiah), then parking shouldn't be an issue at all, as it would be free at hotel and at work.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
You might want to consider staying in Herzliya as well if you don't want to stay in Tel Aviv. The Dan Akadia is right on the beach, as is the Daniel. There's also the Ritz Carlton and a few other hotels in the Marina area. A lot of the corporations with offices in Petach Tikva send their overseas visitors to Herzliya.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
While it would be the opposite of the heavy rush hour commute, it would be significant rush hour traffic nonetheless. Every since they ripped up Jabotinsky, the traffic is horrendous in both directions.
You are correct - I forgot about the light rail construction on Jabotinski. However it will be the same both with a car and a bus so you might as well relax on a bus and play with your smartphone
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
You might want to consider staying in Herzliya as well if you don't want to stay in Tel Aviv. The Dan Akadia is right on the beach, as is the Daniel. There's also the Ritz Carlton and a few other hotels in the Marina area. A lot of the corporations with offices in Petach Tikva send their overseas visitors to Herzliya.
public transport from Herzliya to Petach Tikva isn't good so this option is feasible only if you rent a car.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbgg
You are correct - I forgot about the light rail construction on Jabotinski. However it will be the same both with a car and a bus so you might as well relax on a bus and play with your smartphone
Agreed! I recommended the car only if staying elsewhere (including now Herziliya, as suggested by NYTA)
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
I'm getting the kind of detailed, practical advice I hoped for. Thanks everyone.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by ajGoes
Business is going to have me in an office near the Rabin Medical Center in Petah Tikva for a week, probably in December. Google Maps shows a remarkable paucity of hotels in the vicinity. Can anyone recommend something?

You probably already have reservations by now and, in fact, the trip may already have come and gone.
But for the sake of posterity -- there is a brand-new hotel right across the street from Rabin Medical Center called "Prima Link." (Prima is an Israeli hotel chain).

They even have an executive lounge/club room!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moe8555
You probably already have reservations by now and, in fact, the trip may already have come and gone.
But for the sake of posterity -- there is a brand-new hotel right across the street from Rabin Medical Center called "Prima Link." (Prima is an Israeli hotel chain).

They even have an executive lounge/club room!
Actually I didn't know the time-line when I posted and my guess was way off. The project only got rolling a couple of days ago and my on-site training, if it happens at all, won't be until mid March. So your recommendation is very welcome.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

I've reported the hotel's address and URL to Google Maps, which doesn't know about the hotel yet.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Booking.com has it (prima link).

The pros and cons of staying next to the office are subjective, but Petah Tikvah is the last place I would stay if visiting.

I would definitely go for Tel Aviv, where you'd be within walking / short bus /taxi of everything in the city that never sleeps. You would have a commute to work in the mornings, which would vary a lot depending on when you decide to start and end your day

And I would not advise driving. It's not fun. Plus traffic in/near Tel Aviv is going to be terrible until the light rail is completed in 2095.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dand99
Booking.com has it (prima link).

The pros and cons of staying next to the office are subjective, but Petah Tikvah is the last place I would stay if visiting.

I would definitely go for Tel Aviv, where you'd be within walking / short bus /taxi of everything in the city that never sleeps. You would have a commute to work in the mornings, which would vary a lot depending on when you decide to start and end your day

And I would not advise driving. It's not fun. Plus traffic in/near Tel Aviv is going to be terrible until the light rail is completed in 2095.
Ha, 2095 is a pipe drive. Try 3095 for more accuracy
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Ha, 2095 is a pipe drive. Try 3095 for more accuracy
the light rail 🚈 is scheduled for completion in 2021. It's obvious from even a casual observation that the work is proceeding intensely all along the line. The traffic will probably clear up earlier once the station roofs are poured and the roads are reopened.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll remind you that all 8 lines of the Jerusalem light rail were scheduled for completion by 2004. The red line isn't yet at the full route that has been planned.

Yes, I see the work being done on Jabotinsky, but you show an optimism that Israeli infrastructure projects don't really allow.

Recall also the "New" Central Bus Station in Tel Aviv. Work proceeded as well, but what started in 1967 didn't finish until 1993. (And it's a mess.)
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Bumping my thread.... My training has at last been scheduled for July 9th through 20th. I've booked the Prima Link in Petah Tikva for the nights of the training. Google tells me it's a 13-minute walk to the office, mostly along Jabotinsky, which I have a feeling would not be the most pleasant place for a stroll. Whether I actually walk or not, getting back & forth shouldn't be a problem.

I'm arriving three days early to start recovering from jet lag. Given the less-than-enthusiastic views of the area that I've gotten here, I may spend my first couple of nights somewhere more interesting. In any case, thanks again for all the information everyone has shared here.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the 3 days are just for rest and relaxation and you're not geographically restricted, might as well go to a different area entirely. Could stay near the beach anywhere from Haifa to Ashdod, or go to Jerusalem, or even the Negev.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.