Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Israel w/ 7 month old

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Israel w/ 7 month old

Hi all - arriving in Israel in February w/ our 7 month old. FIgured these questions would be good to start here, if no traction, I can post a follow up link in the Travel w/ Children forum.

Will be between family and some hotels in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Also plan to rent a car at TLV and return there.

1) Assume our US-car seat we will have on the plane will be fine in most modern rental cars? Anything I should know about Israeli law/customs?
2) Stroller in Jerusalem/Old City - I'm sure there are some areas that are inaccesible/difficult with a stroller, but would you recommend ditching and just strapping in the baby in a carrier or is it manageable?
3) General attitude in public areas/restaurants (within reason of course) towards infants?
4) To hotels generally have cribs/pack and plays?
5) Diapers, supplies, etc... do they have Pampers/brands we are used to in the US? OR any brands I should be aware of?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:25 pm

1) Should not be a problem
2) Alleyways are narrow and crowded in the Old City with a lot of steps. A stroller is not a good idea.
3) Israelis love children.
4) You should email the hotels and ask.
5) you can get those products at any supermarket or the large drugstore chains - Superpharm, Newpharm,etc - but they will probably be more expensive. Use "GoogleTranslate" on this page:
http://www.super-pharm.co.il/heb/Pro...rtment/Babies/
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks mbgg!

A follow on question...

TLV on return - security w/ baby gear - assume similar to US? I.E., milk, supplies, strollers, etc?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:58 pm

Probably easier than the US. They are looking at who you are and your reasons for traveling, Once they are convinced that you're not a threat - and traveling with a 7 month old should convince them easily - then they don't care much about what you are carrying with you. No shoe removal and no silly liquid rules.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Thanks mbgg!

A follow on question...

TLV on return - security w/ baby gear - assume similar to US? I.E., milk, supplies, strollers, etc?
there is nothing unusual about flying with a baby & associated supplies
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by trebex
.......... no silly liquid rules.
If you are flying from TLV to a US airport then there is a "liquid rule".
Israeli Security may not mind if you have liquids but before you board the plane you are asked about liquids and you need to throw those away, even if you bought water at the airport. Duty free liquids are OK since you get those past boarding pass checking. I assume they allow baby formula but not sure about water and juices when traveling with a baby.
We are told it is "US rules".

Israel is very child-friendly and most places are relatively informal.
In Israel children are fed Bamba (a peanut/corn snack that is high in fat but also high in protein) from very early on. Check with your pediatrician to see if that is OK and if it is, give your baby some Bamba. It melts in your mouth and it is "melt in your mouth good".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.