Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Luggage checkin

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Dubai Luggage checkin

Will be leaving the cruse terminal in the morning but flight isnt til 11PM on AC.

Can baggage be checked in the morning for an 11pm flight? If no, what are some cheap options to check baggage some place before the flight so one doesnt have to drag luggage everywhere.

The plan is a morning desert tour, then down to abudhabi to see the grand mosque, Then back for a few hours til the flight. Either to the airport or walking around a mall somewhere.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
You could store your bags at the airport as the port isn't a million miles from there: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/before-y...ggage-services

The tour company will pick you up from wherever you like (within reason) but you'll need a phone number if it's not somewhere obvious like a hotel lobby.

You are then about 150km from Abu Dhabi, so allow at least 90 mins each way and more in the weekday (Sun-Thu) rush hour. Reckon on AED 275 each way in any cab off the street or airport line. They're all safe, clean, govt regulated and metered.

Note the mosque isn't open until 4pm on a Friday and you need to dress appropriately. Are you M or F ? http://www.szgmc.ae/en/

IMHO, there are better things to do than waste your time on a tourist-trap desert safari
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I was asking for my parents actually. They are going. They asked me what to see. I said my favorite things were watching the fountains (but not going up to the "top"), the Mosque, and the dune bashing. (and also seeing the burj al arab but thats just a quick photo op)
They wanted to do a night desert safari (6hrs I think), however when I was there, I didnt want to waste time on a tourist trip desert safari, but I was interest in dune bashing and found a place that would take me in the morning for $30. Just dune bashing, nothing else. so I suggested the do the dune bashing in the morning, then goto abudhabi, then come back and figure out something. Their baggage was their biggest issue. That is why they favored an all day tour since they would take the bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.