Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 days-Abu Dhabi or Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

3 days-Abu Dhabi or Dubai

Arriving in Abu dhabi and leaving from Dubai.

First time visitor so would like to be near sightseeing activities.

Would like to stay either of the two places. What would you recommend?

Also using Club Carlson points so recommendation on hotels would be great.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:38 pm
E1A

Programs: Hyatt, Starwood, Ritz, Accor, Hilton, Etihad, Emirates
Spend as much time in Dubai as possible and as less in Abu Dhabi as possible
Abu Dhabi is in many ways the better city but Dubai definitely has more must see places.

Check out Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi and everything else is optional (Yas Island Ferrari world and observation deck at Jumeirah Etihad towers in that order)

Dubai has a ton of things to see and do and you can get that from most places on the internet. Must see/dos include Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall fountain, Madinat Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab, The Walk (local Champs Elysees), Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Mall of Emirates indoor ski mountain (roughly in that order) along with some things to do like Desert Safari and Friday Brunch.

For Radissons, you have no options in Abu Dhabi, only Yas Island with two adjacent properties and for Dubai try to stay in Marina, Barsha or Downtown (they are 5-10 mins away without traffic middle of night and hour or more in peak traffic using the main road. You can of course by pass the main road). Radisson has options in all of these places
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:34 am

I agree, but would atribute one day to AUH.
Go to Sheikh Zayed Mosque, I like it in the evening. It's nicely lit, more quiet and peaceful. Friday it's open til very late. Guided Tours which are free are only available daytime.
Go to the Corniche. Go to Emirates Palace Hotel, it's free entry and very impressive.

Other than that, I would focus on DXB.

As said earlier, there is a Park Inn and a Radisson at Yas Island. But I would avoid this for one night, you would prefer something more central.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:32 am

An hour and twenty min drive to work on the good days on the death tailgating maddash racetrack of a road between the two vs twenty min drive to work. The drive knocks out on average 3 hours of my day on top of the 12 hours. Rough.

In my opinion, Abu Dhabi is more diverse in that you are stuck living amonst everyone and different nationalites are spread out all over the city. In Dubai you have huge areas that you will rarely find a different culture then the norm there, making it very segregated. Some people though see this in dubai as a plus over abu dhabi.

Abu Dhabi is not pet friendly, at all. They are banned I believe from being walked anywhere in the city. If you have a pet and you wish to bring it, then hands down, do not move to Abu Dhabi.

Taxi's are cheaper in Abu Dhabi or maybe things are just closer so it seems like it? Dubai is a very spread out city and those taxis really start adding up if you want to go out drinking and is on the other side of town. The metro doesnt run late at night, when people who are drinking could really use it.

Less staring in Abu Dhabi.
Old May 14, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Jenny parker, thanks for your post. I was hoping someone would write somethingg ike this. When the best thing go to do are visit a mall, that doesn't seem like the place to be. We arrive in Dubai and leave from Abu Dhabi so it looks like a look around Dubai and off to Abu Dhabi. No pets,so I think we are ok
Old May 16, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
Pets aren't banned in Abu Dhabi, not sure where you got that impression. The park near me even has a dog area set aside for the public by one of the sheikhs.

Taxis are about 30% cheaper in Abu Dhabi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.