Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Israel Aviation Services Law

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Is there a website that describes the Israel Aviation Services Law in clear terms. I have seen the required information sheet that the airlines give you, but it is really hard to follow. I can't really figure out under which circumstances airlines are required to provide compensation and what the compensation level is. Also, does anyone know if the law applies to connecting flights originating outside of Israel? (i.e., if one is flying TLV-JFK-ORD, and the JFK-ORD flight is cancelled, does the law still apply?)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Don't know, but here's the official law (translated officially into English): http://www.elal.com/NR/rdonlyres/9C7...icesLawENG.pdf

Based on my reading of the law, it would seem to require compensation if JFK-ORD was canceled, since ORD is the "final destination," and you never reached said final destination

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.