Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Egypt's visa on arrival may not be applicable to individual tourists

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Egypt's visa on arrival may not be applicable to individual tourists

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not pitching Tripdvisor against an Egyptian consul, but ..

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop....html#67015053

PLUS my own experience last week - VOA available, no fuss whatsoever.
Guess I'll have to just keep paying attention to developments. I just don't want to be in a situation where its early September and they start mandating this and I'm left to scramble and get a visa within 4 weeks before departure.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Guess I'll have to just keep paying attention to developments. I just don't want to be in a situation where its early September and they start mandating this and I'm left to scramble and get a visa within 4 weeks before departure.

Well, if you can give up your passport for a couple of days and provide some photos, the consul might also be a cheaper option - I think the cost is $15 against the $25 of a VoA

Seriously, I think it's highly unlikely the new visa regime will be implemented any time soon. The tourism industry is already shattered, and requiring casual tourists to get visas in advance would be the last straw (many of the leisure visitors arrive by holiday charter flights into airports other than Cairo).

Egypt's consular offices are not equipped to handle high volumes of applications with any degree of efficiency.

It seems a new visa regime will come only when there is an electronic/internet system in place to handle applications.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:31 am

All of this security measures neither more nor less
The aim is to protect tourists

source
tahrirnews
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
So I guess VOA is still available?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:12 pm

I was able to purchase an entry visa in the arrivals terminal at CAI for 25USD as recently as Jun 17
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:09 am

Programs: Most FF and hotel, i.e., spread too thin.
Egypt visa on entry

Having just returned I can unequivocally state that you can get the visa at the airport after arrival. Simple, quick, no consulates.

However - there are no signs on where to get the visa. Just go to a foreign exchange booth and buy one then to go immigration.

If there were issues in the past they are gone now.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by emustyle
I was able to purchase an entry visa in the arrivals terminal at CAI for 25USD as recently as Jun 17
Definitely available two days ago.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by shuly
Definitely available two days ago.
^ Thanks for updating!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.