Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Burj Khalifa - Worth visiting? Timing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Burj Khalifa - Worth visiting? Timing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
124th vs 148th seems there is a sizable price jump depending on time of day.

In advance its 125 AED, 400 AED rush for 124th.

148th sounds exciting but for those who have gone up, was it worth the jump to 300-500 AED?

Perhaps I'll wait until that day to see how the weather is...

Thanks!
Wow realized I never posted a reply

Ended up going up. Due to construction it was difficult to find the utterance- asking would help in the future. I ended up walking around the tower and tried to enter via the driveway for those living at the tower (a no-go). With only 30 hours in DXB, I didn't have much time to do much, and figured I'd give it a shot if there was space. Predictably the lower floor was sold out, but they did have space on the 7:30 PM (or was it later?) SKY visit. 300 AED later I had a ticket, and was ushered into the waiting lounge. They served Arabic Coffee, Dates, and Baklava (or some Arabic version). Tasty. When our time arrived we went up an elevator without a wait to floor 125, where we changed elevators to 148. There were other floors listed to IIRC to 152, was tempted to hit those buttons . Getting off one is greeted with various fruit juices, and some nice leather couches. Thru the sliding doors to the outside was quite the view- even at night. Still rather warm, and not too windy. Lots of lights to be seen around. After 30 minutes you're taken back down to 125, where one can spend as long as they like. There is also further viewing at 124.

Yes this was an overpriced experience, but glad I did it while in DXB.

In other exciting news- apparently Five Guys is coming to Dubai, or so a board explained at the Burj.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I'm arriving into DWC airport at 18:00 and leaving again at 23:35, is this enough time to go and see BK?

Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I'm arriving into DWC airport at 18:00 and leaving again at 23:35, is this enough time to go and see BK?
Plenty of time. Book in advance for 2000hrs, spend an hour up top, and you will have enough time for a quick dinner on the way back to DWC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.