Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Flying to Doha from Dubai (originating in Pakistan)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

I'm going to be flying to Doha from Dubai on either the 8th or 9th of June. I will originate in Islamabad Pakistan (ISB/OPRN), and will be taking Emirates flight (EK-613) from ISB to DXB. From DXB onwards, I need to fly to Doha.
Should the flight to Doha be on Qatar Airways or Emirates?
Another question, since I'm only 14, I don't think I'm allowed to fly alone. If my sister goes with me (she's 18), can I fly from Dubai to Doha on any airline? Both of us have Pakistani passports and Qatar Airways guarantees a Visa if you use their services. So is it a hassle to switch from Emirates to Qatar upon Arrival in Dubai? How do I get the baggage transferred from Emirates to Qatar Airways (if I have to use them)?

Sorry for making such a confusing post full of questions but I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:24 am

Ok here goes:

For convenience you should try to book your ticket from Dubai to Doha with Emirates. Doing this will probably mean you can check in (and your bags) to all your flights. If you chose to fly with another airline it is very likely you would have to collect your baggage at Dubai and then re-check in again with what ever airline you've chosen.

Since you are 14 you would be classed as a minor. If your sister flies with you then she would be your legal guardian, however she would need to be with you all the way to Doha (as she would have to be checking in with you.). However most airlines offer a young person service where they will accompany you from check in to the plane. There can be a fee for this, however it would mean your sister wouldn't need to travel with you.

The best advice I can give is to simply ring emirates with your current booking details and explain that you now need to add a flight to Doha and that you are 14 years old. They will then be able to short you out. You may need your parents (or legal guardian) to sort this out for you on your behalf.

I hope this helps and safe travels.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Another concern to handle before the flights and booking is the policies of the countries and airlines involved with traveling as a minor even with your sister. I'd imagine a notarized letter granting permission for the travel from both parents (if practical) to the destinations would satisfy this need.

At 14 years old the flights shouldn't be much of a problem. You were able to post on here rather well in clear English so traveling with either airline via Dubai and Doha should not be a problem for you if you did end up having to ask a question.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by moronic50
Ok here goes:

For convenience you should try to book your ticket from Dubai to Doha with Emirates. Doing this will probably mean you can check in (and your bags) to all your flights. If you chose to fly with another airline it is very likely you would have to collect your baggage at Dubai and then re-check in again with what ever airline you've chosen.

Since you are 14 you would be classed as a minor. If your sister flies with you then she would be your legal guardian, however she would need to be with you all the way to Doha (as she would have to be checking in with you.). However most airlines offer a young person service where they will accompany you from check in to the plane. There can be a fee for this, however it would mean your sister wouldn't need to travel with you.

The best advice I can give is to simply ring emirates with your current booking details and explain that you now need to add a flight to Doha and that you are 14 years old. They will then be able to short you out. You may need your parents (or legal guardian) to sort this out for you on your behalf.

I hope this helps and safe travels.
Thanks! My parents may be on the flight with me from ISB to Dubai but not onwards to Doha, there I'll fly with my sister so I'm guessing it shouldn't be much of a hassle since I have flown with her before.

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Another concern to handle before the flights and booking is the policies of the countries and airlines involved with traveling as a minor even with your sister. I'd imagine a notarized letter granting permission for the travel from both parents (if practical) to the destinations would satisfy this need.

At 14 years old the flights shouldn't be much of a problem. You were able to post on here rather well in clear English so traveling with either airline via Dubai and Doha should not be a problem for you if you did end up having to ask a question.
Yeah, I think you're right about the letter because my parents did have to write a letter to the UAE Embassy when me and my sisters were travelling alone.

Thanks for the help both of you! Really appreciate it.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You seem to be a knowledgeable person, for your age (no condescension meant) so if you do end up traveling with your parents and/or your sister try doing so on your own at first so you learn and earn the confidence to do so as I'd imagine if you're doing so now you'll be doing so in the future.
I traveled much domestically in the USA as a minor and it definitely helped traveling as an adult (I consider 16+ as an adult) to domestic & international locations.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Apr 12, 2014 at 12:49 am
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
You seem to be a knowledgeable person, for your age (no condescension meant) so if you do end up traveling with your parents and/or your sister try doing so on your own at first so you learn and earn the confidence to do so as I'd imagine if you're doing so now you'll be doing so in the future.
I traveled much domestically in the USA as a minor and it definitely helped traveling as an adult (I consider 16+ as an adult) to domestic & international locations.
I've always had an interest in aviation.
I just hope I get the Qatar Visa quickly so I can book the tickets.

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.