Wiki Posts
Search

Old Jerusalem

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Old Jerusalem

I will be travelling shortly with a person with limited mobility. We will of course be going to Old Jerusalem. I know there's easy access and exit to the Wailing (Western) Wall. Does anyone know the best gate to access the main church where Jesus was "made ready..." Is it the Jaffa Gate ???
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:15 am

Yes, Jaffa gate will be best. May be difficult if using a wheelchair(?).
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by DanielW
Yes, Jaffa gate will be best. May be difficult if using a wheelchair(?).
Thanks. No wheelchair - just limited walking (endurance issues, recent surgery). If I remember correctly there are a number of cafes en route but I may be mistaken...
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by Braniff
I will be travelling shortly with a person with limited mobility. We will of course be going to Old Jerusalem. I know there's easy access and exit to the Wailing (Western) Wall. Does anyone know the best gate to access the main church where Jesus was "made ready..." Is it the Jaffa Gate ???
Yep, the Western Wall is right at the Dung Gate.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Holy Sepulcure church. I'm not sure where in the city you're coming from and I've never really thought about which entrance is better for people who have trouble walking, but Jaffa Gate is closest followed by the New Gate.

You can walk from the Western Wall to the church; I don't know if that's easier or harder on your companion.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Braniff
The easy access to the Western Wall is from Dung gate. To the Church of the Holy Sepulchre - Jaffa gate.

You can user Israel's Ministry of Tourism official tourism booklet for limited mobility tourists: http://www.goisrael.com/other/flashb...ish/index.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.