Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sherut Service on Rosh Hashannah

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sherut Service on Rosh Hashannah

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Question Sherut Service on Rosh Hashannah

I need to go from Haifa to Ben Gurion Airport on 29/09/11. Can somebody tell me if their will be any Sherut service on this day?

Thank you so much!

Sebastian
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
You shouldn't have a problem. If staying at a hotel, inquire at the front desk. But you should be good to go
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your reply!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Mh, I just talked to the Operator at Amal. They only have one sherut on this route for that day(I would arrive at the airport at around 1 p.m, given even the security checks at TLV, thats a "little" too early when your flight leaves at 1:15 a.m. on the following day )

Does anyone here knows another company that serves this route?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, sorry. The only ways of getting to the airport that I know of are:
  • Train (DOESN'T RUN ON ROSH HASHANA)
  • Bus (Egged isn't even giving an option of travel on Thursday. Interesting, because they ARE giving Friday and Saturday as options.)
  • Sherut (Only Nesher to Jerusalem and Amal to Haifa)

Your best options are rental car and taxi.

There are a bunch of taxi companies in Haifa that do operate to TLV, but I'm not sure which are better priced or more reliable. Are you staying at hotel, and are you in Israel yet?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Ok, thank you for your reply. I'm already in Haifa, staying at the student dormitories of the medical faculty.

I guess I have to take the Sherut then. Taxi sounds way to expensive. I Just have to make the best of it and take a few books and my full charged laptop with me
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure how open Tel Aviv will be on Rosh Hashana, but worth checking out if you don't have too much luggage.

Also, TLV has free WiFi, though I'm not sure if that's in the whole terminal, or just in the departure hall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.