Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Arabian Courtyard vs Hilton Dubai Creek?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

Am struggling over which of these to pick. I stayed away from beach hotels and like the look of both of these for varying reasons. Does anyone know both and give comparisons and also opinions about which one is in the best location? We are looking at the executive rooms for both. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Spire, HHonors Diamond, EK Gold
Haven't stayed in either so afraid I can't comment on the rooms but have frequented food / beverage establishments in both. The Hilton F&B offering is certainly more up market, with Gordon Ramsay's Verre and the Glasshouse bar (which serves food from the Ramsay kitchen for much more reasonable prices). Arabian Courtyard F&B is a bit more relaxed but have had good curries at Mumtaz Mahal and the Sherlock Pub is popular with the expats who prefer a pint to a cocktail. I wouldn't say either is significantly better, they're just very different.

Location wise I would probably rate the Arabian Courtyard slightly higher as it is on the same side of the creek as most of the major attractions, and is probably one of the few hotels in Dubai that you can actually walk around the local area. Getting across the creek to the Hilton location in Deira can take a long time if travelling at peak times.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:36 am
Original Poster

I must admit that the restaurants of the AC appeal more but I have now found out that it may well be a bit quiet with not many diners. We have talked about just trying out both as we have 7 days- difficult decision.
Thanks for the feedback- its very useful
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:50 am

Stayed at the Hilton about a dozen times, nice walk along the creek to the Gold Souk etc if it's not too hot and a 2 minute trip across the other side in an Abra if you like.

Hilton also has a free shuttle bus to the Hilton Jumeirah if you fancy a day at the beach, also a lot of restaurants at the walk by the Jumeirah.

If you're staying in an exec room then you get a free transfer from the airport, exec plus rooms have great views of the creek as does the (small) roof top pool.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:47 am
Original Poster

thanks. A dozen times? It must be good then
Did you find any good restaurants around the Dubai Creek Hilton? I can't see us wanting to spend the money Verre costs.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for your help. We've finally, after changing minds umpteen times, decided to book the Hilton. I think we will check out the AC when we are there to see if its a possible for future Dubai visits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.