Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended PHL hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Recommended PHL hotel?

Got an overnight at PHL (Philadelphia) and I've been looking at hotels and checking them out on Tripadvisor.
None really seem to be that great so I'm looking for recommendations.

Ideally don't want to pay £212 / $250? for the Mariott for 8 hours and don't want to pay for some dodgy, dirty and run down place where I'm scared to turn off the lights or touch anything
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:17 am

Are you looking to stay close to the airport? (I am assuming so since you used the airport code.) If so, when we don't stay at that Marriott (it is hard to beat the convenience...) we stay at the Sheraton Suites.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Fairly close. Get in around 9:50pm and leaving again at 7:05am so don't want to spend too long getting to and from a hotel.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA GfL
There is an Aloft very close to the terminal, which should be decent--at least, it's been built within the last decade or so. While PHL is my home airport, I did actually use the Courtyard Philadelphia Airport once for a super-early flight + parking, and found it just fine.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Currently staying at the Wyndham historic district and like it a lot for a less expensive place. Has decent restaurant and bar, clean rooms. Not an airport hotel but good CS .
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by xenole
Fairly close. Get in around 9:50pm and leaving again at 7:05am so don't want to spend too long getting to and from a hotel.
I would just stay at an airport hotel. PHL is not that close to Center City, and if you have ~9 hours on the ground, you probably want to get some sleep. If you had more time, I would recommend the Courtyard Marriott by City Hall - not the greatest amenities (the elevators seem ancient), but it's very convenient and centrally located.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Been looking at the Marriott and the Renaissance on a Saturday night.
£150 for the Marriott Vs. £98 for the Renaissance.
Better pricing but paying £50 more to avoid a couple of shuttle buses seems steep especially when I'll be asleep for the 6-7 hrs I'm there.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:38 pm

I work about two miles south of PHL. There are a few hotels that all refer to themselves as airport hotels (they all have shuttles to the airport).

Marriott Springhill Suites PHL
Microtel by Wyndham
Wyndham Garden Inn
Clarion Hotel
Comfort Inn PHL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.